Chapter 33 - The Queen's Return

Start from the beginning

"Really, Lo. I'm fine. I just...I don't want to go back to bed right now. Go back to sleep."

You hear shuffling, and assume Loki is sliding back in bed. But before you have a chance to open the door he's at your side, fully dressed.

"If you wish to no longer sleep, my darling, then pray tell - what are we up to in such early hours of the morn?" he says, wrapping his arms around your waist and kissing your cheek.

You laugh tiredly and turn in his arms, pressing your forehead against his.

"You don't have to get up yet, you know," you say.

"You're in distress, Valkyrie. I will remain by your side until you have a chance to process what you've experienced."

You roll your eyes, but give him a gentle kiss nonetheless. 

You had tried to push him away for the first few days upon your return, but he had made it abundantly clear that he was having none of it. And you relented. 

"All right, fine," you say. "I'm going to train. I was going to try projecting again. But you can't distract me if you come!" you say sternly.

"On my honor," Loki whispers in your ear, giving it a small nibble.

"That's strike one, Laufeyson," you say teasingly, batting him away before teleporting out of his arms and into the great hall.

Landing firmly in the middle of the room, you take a few deep breaths, starting a brief meditation. Only a few seconds later, Loki pops to your side in a flash of green.

"Starting without me?"

"You already know how to do this, Lo. You don't need to meditate," you say, peeking out through one eye as Loki sits beside you, crossing his legs.

He simply shrugs, and begins meditating next to you.

Once you've slowed your heart rate, and you can feel the seidr around you pulsing in your finger tips, you stand slowly and begin practicing projection. You focus once more on visualizing  your seidr passing through your chest, your lungs, your arms, and out your fingertips - spilling like waterfalls to the ground.

It takes several attempts, but soon you manage a blue shimmer, and see a pair of feet step from yours.

You gasp, which causes you to lose focus.

"You lost your concentration, darling," Loki croons from the side of the room where he's been watching.

"Yeah no shit," you grumble, taking a deep breath and trying again.

Once more a shimmer of feet step from your own legs. Your eyes widen but you focus on the feeling of your own essence leaving your body, and the shimmer grows, flourishing into ankles. But soon, it begins to fade.