You took a moment to glance at the bustling city through the big glass window, without a thought in your mind.

A few more days and then you'll be in a new city. And you hadn't even had the chance to explore this one yet. You wondered if they'd allow you to go out for a bit, so that you could at least get the I LOVE LA t-shirt for Ara.

Letting out a sigh, you reminded yourself to later ask Soeun about it.

"Taking a break?"

Speak of the angel.

Your lips stretched into a small smile as you turned around to find her leaning by the doorframe.

"Yeah. I thought you were with the boys, though?"

"Well, if you haven't realised already, it's almost lunchtime, and I'm here to drag you out of this stuffy place to fill your empty stomach."

Letting out a small giggle as you glanced at your watch, you thanked her before grabbing you phone and following her out.

"Seokjin has been waiting for you." Soeun informed as you stepped into the empty elevator.

"He did tone his excitement down a bit when I told him that you were working."

"What are they doing today?" You asked, trying to hide your smile.

"Revising their scripts for the concert tomorrow. They're almost done, I guess. And Jungkook's treating everyone to lunch today."

Such a nice kid.

"We've already booked a reservation at their favourite restaurant here. You okay with that?"

"I'm up for anything as long as the food is good."

-

"Hey!"

Jimin chirped, waving frantically as soon as he saw you walk into the parking lot.

You smiled and waved back. Nearing the group, you realised some of them were missing.

"Where is Jin?"

"Oh, him and Yoongi got into the van already. He seemed a bit off."

Not the bond again.

You nodded tagging along as they made their way to the partly occupied van.

The two eldest members were already seated comfortably inside, both with their eyes closed and their heads resting on the closed windows.

You waited for everyone else to board the vehicle first before getting in yourself, and it wasn't a surprise to see that the only available seat was next to him.

Quietly making your towards the empty sitting space, you tried to best to not disturb his little naptime.
That didn't work though, as he opened his eyes immediately when he felt your presence nearby.

"Hey." Seokjin mumbled, not bothering to turn his head.

"Hi" you whispered back as the vehicle rumbled, indicating that they were ready to get out of the eerie parking lot.

There was little commotion in the van, with only a few people talking, while the others were busy on their phones.

"Can I hold your hand?"

You started upon sensing the desperation in your soulmate's voice, and it only took you a glance at his state to realise that he was drained. Nodding immediately, you gulped as his fingers carefully intertwined with yours, an immediate rush of warmth and energy hitting the both of you....

Along with some aggressive butterflies.

"Is it just me, or does this make you feel nervous too?" He enquired, trying to sit up straight.

"It does. But it feels calming at the same time."

You smiled, observing how his hand was big enough to engulf yours.

"This isn't enough to make up for the goodnight hug that someone forgot about, though."

-----

please don't kill me y'all 🥲✌️

after more than a month of being busy with college, getting distracted and procrastinating, i finally managed to write this chapter 😭

and i'm really REALLY sorry to all those who've been asking for an update. thankyou so much for all your patience huhu this is why i love you guys🥺❤️

stay safe lovelies ♡