Chapter 10: Feverish

I yawn and stand up, putting my viola away. I walk out of the small recording box to the adjoining room. It's part of the studio E put in for me. I've been  locking myself in here everyday for last month and a half. I play and write like a mad woman. The gray haired lady sets food and snacks outside the door a couple of times during the day so I don't have to leave. Until dinner of course.

I throw away my granola bar wrapper and examine my sheet music in the brightness of the room. I told E the room needed to be soundproof, I also made him put in bright lights. I didn't want to squint to see my music. But I knew the light would also keep him away. He did promise that he wouldn't listen if I chose to play in the dark though.

I prefer to play in the dark, it helps to fuel my passion and inspires my music. But I play a lot in the light too, I actually missed it. I set my music down, putting my note from E on top of it, my constant reminder to myself to use my viola as my outlet. Right as I turn off the light, there is a soft knock on the door. I smile and open it, I am greeted by darkness. Erebus.

"My love," he whispers, swirling around me.
"Did you miss me Erebus?" I ask, walking towards the kitchen while he hovers behind me, allowing me to see where I'm going. This last month E and I have grown closer, and he comes to me in his work form more often as it no longer scares me. When he's in his work form I call him Erebus, in his physical I call him E.

"Always. Did you miss me?" he whispers, heat blowing against my ear. "I didn't even notice you weren't around," I joke.

"My little Layla, how you hurt my heart so when you tell me that," Erebus says, shrouding me so I can't see. I laugh, still walking, I know he won't let me fall. I feel his hand brush against my hair, smooth down my thigh. Erebus seems to have hands everywhere, able to materialize them to touch and caress me.

E does the same, his hot hands tracing my arms and his silky lips kissing my hands. We have yet to do anything past that, but my body is starting to respond stronger and stronger to him. I've never felt this strongly about anyone, this is all so new to me. My body tingles from his touch as we enter the kitchen. Erebus moves from in front of my eyes.

An arm snakes around my waist, "Did you complete the piece you were having difficulty with?" E asks as he leads me to the booth, he sits next to me. "No," I tell him, frowning. His arm tightens around me, "Give it time, you are still looking for the words," he assures me.

I nod, I've been on the piece for two weeks. I'm stuck on a bridge for it, everything I try doesn't feel right. The notes don't capture what I want to express, they aren't moving me. I think about the subject of it and smile to myself, I don't want E to know. I haven't told him much about the pieces I'm working on, but this one is especially private, he can't hear it until it's perfect.

Tonight is homemade pizza, it looks like what I ate when I spent a semester in Italy. There's also wine since it's Friday. Although being in this dark castle everyday, the days of the week seem to no longer have any real meaning. But Friday wine night was decided by E after I admitted I wasn't a wine drinker. So now he's trying to educate me because apparently I'm missing out.

I read the bottle, Opus One red wine, 9 years old. E pours a bit into my glass, then fills his up. He usually drinks most of the bottle, and it never phases him. "For you my love," he says, sliding the glass to me. I swirl and sniff it like he taught me before taking a small sip. I wrinkle my nose, it's not the worse one, I take another small sip and set it down. E laughs at my pinched expression.

The gray haired lady comes over with another cup, it's an ornate goblet. She sets it in front of E. His special wine, the one that I can't have. I watch him bring it up to his face. I'm not sure if he actually drinks it, he doesn't seem to sip and swallow. But if he doesn't drink it what does he do? Inhale it? E sets it down and picks up his glass of Opus One, quickly downing it.