My appetite vanished. 

"Jennifer, we both know that Dax isn't the guy for you" He says, not meeting my gaze. 

"You're not the guy for me Maddox" 

"I know-" He cut himself off as he grinded his teeth together and fisted his left hand on the table before answering. 

"I know that Jennifer. But I could change, I could change into whatever you want me to be" He says, pleading with his eyes. I shook my head as I furrowed my eyebrows. 

"I'm with Dax" I say quietly. 

"Dax" He snapped. 

"Dax this, Dax that. But where the fuck is Dax?" He snarled. He stood up pushing the chair behind him with the back of his knees as he stalked towards me. 

"I'm here Jennifer."

He reached for my hand, sliding it down his chest. Glaring at him, I pulled my hand out of his grasp as I stood up. 

"What the fuck is wrong with you!" I shouted, confused. He lowered his gaze before glancing back up at me.  He reached for my shoulders, pulling me close up against him. 

"I want you" He whispered. His attention falling down onto my lips. Instinctively licking my bottom lip caused a growl to vibrate through his chest as he leaned down. 

I pulled away from him shaking my head as I sped around the table. 

"Are you drunk?" I stopped and asked him. He pierced his lips as he folded his arms across his chest. He shook his head as he clenched his jaw. 

"You don't want a person like me, Maddox" I try reasoning with him. 

"I'm nothing but trouble and frustration."

"Doesn't matter, no ones perfect." He said, giving me a short shrug. I rolled my eyes as I leaned back against the table.  I eyed him up and down, seeing him literally throwing himself at me.  I shook my head again not wanting to mess anything up. 

Flashes of Fenix asking me to be his, resurfaced in my memory as I scratched my cheekbone. 

Memory of me agreeing. 

"No" I say, shaking my head, I lift my gaze off the floor.  His eyes burnt with rejection as he nodded. His eyebrows snapped together as he rolled his neck around. 

"So you'd rather be with that motherfucker than with me?" He snarled. He glared at me with hatred as I took a step closer to him. 

"That motherfucker gave you this roof over your head" I snapped. 

"That motherfucker is trying his best to become better"

"Yeah but we both know that'll never last." He said, giving me a dry smirk with a shake of his head. 

"Just like the both of you" 

My hand lashed out and slapped him across the cheek, turning his face to the side with the action. His nostrils flared as he took a step towards me. 

"Maddox, I'm sorry" I say, outstretching my hand out to stop him. His vein throbs on his forehead as he becomes red with anger. He continued to walk towards me until I bumped into the wall behind me. 

"Jennifer" He says through his clenched jaw. I stared at the hand print against his cheek.  

Pause

 "Don't ever"

Pause

"Do"

Pause.