Chapter 23

Sarah's POV:

I woke up slightly disoriented. My head hurt and I felt incredibly sick. I was in my room, but something was different. Niall was lying on my couch at the other end of the room. What happened last night was the first thing that went through my mind. After that, I felt my stomach contents come up and I ran to the bathroom as fast as I could.

I knew almost nothing about last night, except that it was a stupid idea to go to the club. A very stupid idea. I didn't feel any better mentally than yesterday and Niall was suddenly with me. Probably the last person I want to see right now. After I had thrown up the last bit in the toilet and rinsed my mouth, there was a knock on the door.

"Sarah? Can I come in?"

"No, I don't want to talk to you."

"You're obviously not well, let me help you and then we can talk about everything."

I didn't want to talk to him. I didn't want to see him either. Nevertheless, I moved to the door and held my hand against it.

"I think the matter is quite clear. I just can't..."

"I can't go on either, not without you."

"And then you directly look for another woman? It hurts that I thought you were a completely different person."

"Can I please explain everything to you calmly? Then you can do what you want, but please come out."

With tears in my eyes I pushed the door handle down and slowly went back to my room. I didn't want him to see how hurt I was. I just couldn't look him in the eye. So I slowly sat down on the bed while my eyes were constantly on the floor.

Just the smell of Niall was driving me crazy. The smell always reminded me of home. Now I don't know where my home is anymore. Niall leaned lightly against my desk and we were both silent for a moment.

"Did you sleep with her?" , was the only thing I asked. Not what he was doing here, and if he didn't have a concert. I asked this question even though the answer would probably tear me to pieces.

"No Sarah, I swear I didn't. I could never do that to you, I love you too much for that."

"Then tell me what happened."

"Well, Lewis and I were out at a bar pretty late at night. I didn't really want to go, but Lewis kind of talked me into it. After a few beers, two younger women approached me. They recognized me and wanted to take a picture with me."

"But the foto didn't just look like taking pictures."

"I know. Just as we were taking a picture, one of them suddenly turned around and wanted to kiss me. Of course, I immediately turned my head away and told her it wasn't okay, but someone must have taken a picture of the situation at that exact moment. I'm sorry, I should have told you about it right away, but you've been so busy with studying too and I didn't want to worry you even more about the fact that we don't see each other often."

"So nothing happened between you and the woman?"

"No, of course not. I thought you knew me so well that you knew that would never happen. I went straight to the hotel with Lewis afterwards."

"I just feel so stupid. With you being away all the time and surrounded by so many girls, I'm afraid that I'm not good enough for you."

"What are you talking about? You are more than I could dream of in a woman. You are perfect the way you are."