A fragile heart (Kouko)

Start from the beginning

Kuoko: And then I would go straight and kiss him right there!!!!!!!

Me: That sou-sounds like a g-good I-idea.

Kuoko: Hehehehe its all settled, we planned out a total of 10 ways to seduce him tomorrow.

Me: That's gre-great.

Kuoko: Anyways its getting real late, you wanna sleep in my house?

There goes again with my head. Its literally spiralling out of control.

Me: A-are yo-you su-sure? I am a g-guy y-you kn-know?

Kuoko: *looks at me confusedly* so.........?

Me: I gu-guess I'll ta-take th-that offer.

Kouko: *smiles* good now come er *hugs*

Her sudden hug just boost my embarrassment to overdrive. I'm slowly losing conscious getting hugged by her, I guess dying like this isn't so bad after all.........

I woke up to be met with a ceiling I'm not so familiar about. I got up and there when I realised that I was in a futon. I looked to my right to see a bed with a sleeping Kuoko on it. I smiled seeing her sleeping peacefully as her face was facing me. I got up and went to the kitchen to cook breakfast for her and I to start the day. After making her favourite meal I went to her bed and present the meal on her bed. She slowly waking up as her hair were everywhere. Even then she still looks gorgeous.

Kuoko: (Y/N) is that you?

Me: yeah wake up sleepy head.

Kuoko just look at me surprised with her eyes starts to sparkle.

Me: What never kne-knew I can cook?

Kuoko: NO NOT THAT, YOU DIDN'T STUTTER FOR ONCE!!!!!!

She got up and dance on the bed as I quickly put the food away. As I turned around she grabbed my hand and we danced on her bed like kids. If I would be able to stop time, I would stop it right here. I have never been so happy since after I moved to Japan.

Not being able to talk fluent Japanese got me off a bad start. After getting offered to study aboard at Japan, I was motivated to study Japanese but even then, my work barely passed me my Japanese exam. After being sent here, it really feels like im being thrown into the wilderness, no guide, nothing. Don't want to make my parents worry so I told them that I'll be fine alone, I really wasn't. I still remember that I stumbled upon Mitsuo, he was the only one that gave his time for me. The rest? well, they only make fun of me and how horrible my Japanese was (who here is actually a Japanese すみません、君たちが悪くないのを知っているだろう) (pls forgive me again if my Japanese wasn't grammatically correct, I suck in grammar not just in Japanese but also English :( ) . There even was a point where I almost gave up but Mitsuo and Kuoko actually helped me through it, talking with them made me more confident. That's why I owe both of them big and that's why I won't be too upset if she wants him......or at least I would like to think that way.

Today wasn't good for Kouko. Mitsuo shouted at Kuoko to leave him alone and this probably saddens her.

Kuoko: W-why? *sobs* I don't understand *sobs* we were so close when we *sobs* were small.

Even if it hurts, I have to be there for her, yes, I can just forget about her and move on but my heart chose to stay eventhough how useless it is, I decided to be her guardian that will always stay by her side to take her pain away if needed to.

Me: Its okay Kuoko, I'm here.

Kuoko: I loved him *sobs* yet he never saw that *sobs*

Me too Kuoko, me too.

Me: Let it all out, I won't judge.

Kuoko: Thanks (Y/N), I needed that *sobs* *smiles* you are always there for me ya know.

Just hearing that is enough to made me smile.I think this might be the best time to let her know that there is someone who loves her as who she is.

Me: Kuoko......

She looks at me with a sadden smile.

Me: I need to tell you something.

Kuoko: What is it?

Me: I actually have been in love with you, all this time. You have helped me out soo much and I can't help but to fall in love with your charm.

After that confession, we were enveloped by pure silence. My heart was throbbing like none other. Waiting for her answer seems like years until she finally spoke up.

Kuoko: I.......I'm sorry I can't........

She looked away and I noticed she were holding up tears.

Me: I...........I see......

I gave her something that I have been saving for awhile. It was initially to tell people that she is mine but no....I just want to hand it to her for her.

Me: I want you to have this.

I gave her a necklace that matched her hair.

Kuoko: This......is beautiful.....you're not gonna leave me right? *looks at me nervously*

Me: *chuckles* I won't.... May I?

There is no time to be shy or embarrassment thanks to what im feeling right now, I'm beyond broken but I want to see her smile even if it would be the last time. She smiled as she showed how she looks with it. She is stunning, gorgeous, has a cheerful heart. All the reasons to love her. I'm happy just to get this close. There is a gap between us that I can't cross yet and probably never will. I respected that.

Me: You can't just give on him now right?

Kouko: Obviously!! I'll use this necklace to remind me of your support *smiles brightly*

Me: Good to hear that you did not lose your shine.

I got up as I tried to walk away till she grabbed my hand before I go.

Kuoko: See you tomorrow?

Me: I'll see you tomorrow *rubs her head*

We laughed and parted ways. As I was walking, my heart starts to hurt like hell. As time went on, it became unbearable and that caused me to fell down on the sidewalk. Clutching to my chest as hard as I could, I took out the pills and in the heat of the moment I just swallowed a number of pills in. I started to lose my vision as tears starts to swell up, thinking of her with him, being happy, that's all I need, my job is done. I'm sorry, I might not be able to make it tomorrow...............

Kuoko

How many days was it? I can't tell.....Its been so long since I have seen the sun. Mitsuo and his friends tried to help me but in reality nobody can....looking at the necklace, actually someone can but his not here. The one that was there when I needed someone. I knew dating Mitsuo was impossible but for some reason that caused us to be so close and I don't want to lose that. I wish I act differently......What If I accepted his confession...will he be here with me.....hugging me close........? I want his embrace, I want to hear him stutter, I want to hear him laugh, I want to see him embarrassed. The necklace was the only thing that kept me sane. If I would to lose it.....I could.........*looks at the razor blade on my bed frame*.....*smiles*