Prologue

~[Y/N]'s POV~

I ran as fast as I could, no matter how much it hurt. The Titans had come and I had to escape.

Finally making it outside the gates of Shiganshina, I felt a glimpse of hope. Yet it came to my realization, when the Colossal Titan broke the outer wall of Shiganshina, things would forever change for humanity. Aside from Humanity as a whole, things had also forever changed for me.

My mother, father, and little brother had lost their lives. Before my eyes, a large Titan came and ate my father. Placing himself between us and the Titan, my father sacrificed his own life to protect our family. Soon after, my brother, so consumed by fear, ran into the nearest building on our right. My mother chased after him and urged me to keep going. 

I trusted her. Afterall, she was my mother, but as I ran and glanced behind me, I saw once again, two of my family members consumed by a Titan. The screams would pierce my ears and cries of my mother and brother would forever eat away at my heart. There was no certainty whether the pain of their deaths would ever leave me. The tears streamed down my face. The pain of losing my family in a single day, a single hour, is something no one else could understand... something no one else could feel.

Getting on the boats was my last hope. With nothing left in the world,  maybe I could just hold on a little longer. I stepped on the boat, realizing I was safe now and out of Shiganshina. The only consolation was the possibility that I may find some other meaning, or some joy.

But then, the ground shook. Accompanying the trembling ground came a booming sound. Boom... Boom... Boom. It became louder and faster. Boom. Boom! BOOM! The stones came flying from the wall.

I could scarcely believe what I had seen. It couldn't have been real. No, it's true, I thought to myself. I stared at the breached hole in Wall Maria, and then at the Titan who had made the hole.

His face was stern and resolved. I looked at him and I sensed he had purpose. He had a reason for doing what he did. If it were possible to see more than that jagged face, I also saw pain. I could tell. After he had used his strength to break the wall, he let out a breath of air. For a Titan, it may have passed as a sigh. Then, he stood up and rested his arms at his side. He kept his head tilted down, as though he was reflecting on what he had done.

There was something off about these two new Titans. Seeing the attack firsthand, I realized I had to figure out the Titans. It must've been my purpose. Most of all, I felt compelled to understand the one in front of my eyes with the stern, resolved expression. There was a sensation telling me he was no ordinary Titan. Not only was he intelligent like the Colossal, but there was something else too. Though I knew he was a Titan, muscular, strong, and giant, he was almost... human. His face was mesmerizing and forever etched into my mind.

My thoughts were interrupted... a kid on the boat next to me yelled in agony. He was in tears standing by a long-haired blonde boy and black-haired girl wearing a red scarf. They all looked to be my age. The boy cried with his teeth clenched and exclaimed, "I'm going to kill them all. Every single one."

I understood him, but killing all the Titans wasn't my goal. This, I knew. I lost everything. I lost what was my world and that kid most likely lost his world as well. But me, I was going to discover why this was happening. I was going to understand the Titans and make my own world.

Thanks for reading the prologue! Sorry it's so short, but future chapters will be longer! Keep reading <3