Chapter 28 - Projections

Start from the beginning

"So tell me, love, what does my mother have you working on besides projections?" Loki says, gently pulling from your embrace.

"I'll tell you after you answer my questions first," you answer. 

Loki cocks one brow as a playful smirk crosses his features. There are not many who dare speak back to the Prince of Asgard. But you've never had a problem doing so.

"Listen, Lo, it's not that I'm not glad to see you," you say. "I am. But why are you here? And where's Anthony?"

"I'm here because Thor summoned me in the early hours of the dawn saying my mother had to return to the palace, and that she wouldn't be returning for some time. He informed me that you needed me here to continue your training."

"What?" you ask. "But I spoke to Frigga, and she said she would be back by midday?"

"Apparently things have changed."

"Is there news of Amora?"

"Thor did not know."

"Hmm," you hum, crossing your arms and beginning to pace. 

As much as you have enjoyed the routine ass-kickings that Frigga has been giving you the past three weeks, you are getting impatient. You find yourself hoping that this sudden change in the every day course of action is some indication that progress is being made. 

"And our son?" you ask.

"In Midgard. I assumed you would not want him here."

"You're right," you say. "Although I miss him."

"And he misses his mother," Loki responds, walking up to you and taking your hands, stopping your pacing. Gently, he opens the palm of your left hand and brings it to his lips, placing a lingering kiss within. That always calms you down.

"How did it go?" you ask, as Loki places your open palm on the side of his own face, covering it with his hand as your thumb makes gentle brushing circles on his cheek.

"Your meaning, darling?" inquires Loki as he smiles into your eyes.

"With the family, Lo. How did it go on your own?"

Loki gives you what is perhaps the largest eye roll you've ever seen, but rather than pulling away from your touch, which is his normal defensive habit, he leans further into it.

"Everyone is alive."

"Loki," you laugh. "I need more details than that."

"The scientist remains his normal color."