Chapter 27 - Research and Reunions

Start from the beginning

You smile and look down at your feet as you feel your face warm. 

"I couldn't imagine my life without him," you say quietly.

Frigga is quiet for a moment, but she places her hand on top of yours as the two of you walk about the massive palace, and she speaks in a hushed, and gentle tone.

"There are many things I know, child. Things of today and tomorrow. But I did not foresee such a blessing to come from his banishment."

You ponder Frigga's statement for a moment before speaking.

"Your Majesty, did you support Loki's banishment to Earth?"

Frigga sighs. "No, my child."

"Then why didn't you stop it?" you ask.

"It was not my place."

"You would have let Loki spend eternity on Earth?" you ask, your tone growing more and more confrontational.

Frigga stops walking and takes your hand, turning it over palm side up. She gives you a gentle smile before placing a single finger gently in the middle, and you watch in awe as a golden glow begins to spread through the veins in your hand, up your arm and into your shoulder.

Suddenly, your vision fades, and you're standing in Odin's bedchambers - the same room in which you had overheard him and Frigga debating your immortality. You glance around, and gasp as you see Odin and Frigga standing face to face in what looks to be a heated conversation.

"My Queen, don't you understand what has done? He took Midgard to the brink of war. Killed innocent mortals under MY protection."

"But banishment? You would lose him forever? He's your son!"

"And what would you have done, Frigga?"

"I would not have exiled him to a land of mortals, stripped of his powers, to suffer alone. I would not have had the heart for such cruelty!"

"Your son has more than enough room for cruelty in his heart for the both of you."

"He's your son too, Odin. You made that choice the moment you took him from his home realm."

"Perhaps my greatest mistake."

"...Never say those words in my presence again. He is our son. And he deserves the same love and devotion shown to Thor."

"You have always believed me to show preference to Thor."

"Can you truly say you have not?"

"Begone, Frigga. My decision has been made. Loki will remain in Midgard, powerless."