52. picked the wrong one

Start from the beginning

——————————————————

I parked my car and walked up to the front door. I played with the hem of my black dress as I stood there for a second before I rang the doorbell, not much later it opened. A smile crept on my face as I saw Joe standing there.

I immediately wrapped my arms around him and gave him a hug. His arms wrapped around me as he hugged me back, neither of us noticing someone was taking a picture of us.

"I missed you" I said as I slowly pulled away. "I missed you more teds" He said with a smile before he moved out of the way and I walked inside. He closed the door behind me before we walked further into the house.

Nothing in the house changed. The furniture was still the same as before. I smiled as I saw the picture with me on his back, kissing his cheek, hanging on the wall. It was probably my favorite picture of us together.

"Do you want a drink?" he asked with a smile. "Some coffee? Or wine, depends on what you are having." "Wine coming right up ma'am, make yourself at home" He said with a soft smile. I did as he said and sat down on the couch.

A few minutes later he came back with some wine which he put down infront of me. "There you go" He said with a soft smile before sitting down next to me. "Thank you Joey" I said with a soft smile as I looked him up and down. He was wearing some jeans and a white t-shirt, his hair was messy, giving him a boyish look. I had to admit, he looked very cute.

We chated for a few hours when I noticed it was already 6:30pm. "Shit, it's dinner time already" I said as I looked at Joe in shock. He chuckled, "you can eat here, we will order some take out" he said with a comforting smile on his face.

I nodded, "okay yes, let me text Harry so he knows I won't be home for dinner." I grabbed my phone and typed a quick message, he was fast to respond.

You:

Heyy, staying at Joe's for dinner. Just order some take out for you and El, she has to be in bed at 8.

Haz:

Seriously? You can't even be home for dinner with your family?

I bit on my lip as I debated what to send back to him before replying.

You:

It's one time, you missed plenty of dinners. Just order some take out, I'll be home by 11.

I wait for his reply which comes quickly, clearly he isn't in a good mood at all.

Haz:

Yeah whatever, don't wake me when you get home.

I read his message before putting away my phone, leaving him on seen. I faked a smile as I looked at Joe, "Okay so what kind of take-out were you thinking?" I said, keeping the fake smile on my face.

"Are you okay?" He asked, knowing me too well to not notice my smile is fake. "Yes, Harry is just being... Difficult. He is stressed about work so he is quite tense right now." I said, making up the last part. I actually had no idea why he was acting this way but I hated it, a lot.

He nodded, understanding. "I'm sorry teds, wish I could help." he said as he gave me a small comforting hug which made me feel better.

"Okay so take out, I was thinking just fries and cheeseburgers?" he said, I nodded excitedly. "Yes oh my god, that sounds absolutely amazing!"

He smiled before ordering the food. As we waited for the food we decided to watch a movie.

After the movie and the food we watched another one, it was already 10pm and we were quite tired. We talked some more as we put on another movie, not wanting to leave each other yet as we were having a good time.