[ 46 ] a creep with a crush

Start from the beginning

"Oh, you just scared the hell out of me!" Matt jumped when he bumped into Aspen in the halls.

In response she just gave him an apologetic look, no words.

"Are you... okay?" Matt asked, puzzled by her lack of words.

She just nodded.

"Something wrong with your voice?" he chuckled to lighten the mood, but when she simply nodded again, his smile faded.

"Oh..." he said awkwardly. "Sorry."

She shrugged her shoulder as if to tell him not to worry about it, then she looked in the opposite direction like she was desperate to get away from him, but then he spoke again.

"Hey, did you hear about the underground show?" he asked, "Apparently, they've got some big name spinning.

"She just nodded again, in this moment she wasn't even praying for her voice to come back, not around this guy she got weird vibes from.

"Uhmm, well..." Matt continued, "I got a friend who can hook us up with tickets if you're down. Want me to get you one? Nod your head for yes, shake it for no?"

She shook her head immediately, almost rudely but she didn't care.

"Oh..."

She pointed her finger in the opposite direction, trying to tell him she had to go, when in reality she just wanted to get away from the creep with a camera.

"Bye Aspen!" she heard his voice call out, to which she returned with a half-hearted wave.

The Carter girl must've been really out of it today, because instead of strolling on into the girl's locker room to grab a few things from her locker, she accidentally walked into the boy's one instead.

Luckily, it appeared to be empty which spared her embarrassment, until she heard the faint sound of water running, like a shower.

She quietly tried to tiptoe out of there so she wouldn't be further embarrassed by being caught in the boys locker room, until she stopped in her tracks when she heard slow, intimidating footsteps.

She turned around to see Jackson.

Fully naked.

She yelped, then flew a hand over to her eyes, then scoffed.

"Oh come on," said Jackson, his voice sterner than usual, "It's nothing you haven't seen before, Aspen."

When no response came, Aspen heard his slow footsteps approach closer to her, she tried to back away but only met a wall behind her, cornering her.

The Whittemore boy grabbed her wrist and flew her hands away from her eyes, forcing her to look at him.

"Why are you so quiet all of a sudden, huh?" Jackson sneered. In his defence, no one had informed him about Aspen's selective mutism, he was used to her being so sarcastically chatty all the time. He wasn't used to throwing snappy remarks at her only to not get one back.

She narrowed her eyes at him in what looked like disgust.

"What are you doing in here..." his voice husked coldly and quietly, as he took his index finger and trailed it up her arm, smirking when he reached the tattoo. "You look a little stressed, no? Is it Stiles? Is it that whole thing?"

When she made no movements or change in expression, he carried on, this time with a smirk.

"I still can't believe you actually think that's gonna work." he whispered in her ear. "You're in a serious amount of denial if you think he's just suddenly stopped having feelings for Lydia."