[ 13 ] secrets

SECRETS

ASPEN barely had a second to dwell on the events of last night, the supposed letter from her supposedly not-dead brother

ASPEN barely had a second to dwell on the events of last night, the supposed letter from her supposedly not-dead brother. Bullshit, she thought. I saw his body. I watched his coffin get buried six feet under. I mourned him.

She and Stiles had met Scott at school, neither one of them addressing the severe awkwardness that now lingered. It's not like he saw me naked, said the voice inside Aspen's head. He may as well have.

"So you killed her?" Stiles exclaimed, after Scott had explained a dream he had last night. Something to do with him, Allison, and a lot of blood and maming.

"I don't know. I just woke up. And I was sweating like crazy, and I couldn't breathe. I've never had a dream where I woke up like that before." Scott replied. Aspen was walking between the two boys, and it was safe to say it was awkward between her and the Stilinski stood next to her.

"Really? I have. Usually ends a little differently..." Stiles said.

"And you felt it necessary to say that, why?" Aspen sassed, not looking him in the eye as she said it. Every time she looked at him, the image of this morning was burnt into her mind. The way his eyes nearly gouged out of their damn sockets when he saw her so indecent. Worst part was is that the expression was completely unreadable.

"A) I mean I've never had a dream that felt that real, and B) never give me that much detail about you in bed again. I, for one, certainly don't wanna hear about it."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Aspen asked, turning her neck to look at Scott when said it. Scott didn't answer, of course, at least not out loud. He just raised his brows at her and smiled devilishly and teasingly.

"I don't either." the brunette in the middle deadpanned.

"Okay, noted. Let me take a guess here-" Stiles began again, still not making eye contact with the girl next to him. He, as well, was avoiding her gaze. Because much like Aspen, every time his eyes caught hers, his mind couldn't help but drift to the image of this morning. And he felt like a perv for seeing his best friend like that.

"No, I know, you think it has something to do with me going out with Allison tomorrow, like I'm gonna lose control and rip her throat out." Scott concluded.

"No, of course not!"

"Don't lie to him, Stilinski." Aspen muttered.

" ...Yeah, that's totally it." Stiles added, listening to Aspen's comment.

"Hey, come on! It's gonna be fine, all right? Personally, I think you're handling this pretty freakin' amazingly. You know, it's not like there's a Lycanthropy for Beginners class you can take."

"Yeah... not a class, but maybe a teacher." said Scott.

"Please tell me you are not talking about Mason Lockewood Junior." said the Carter girl, earning an actual glance from Stiles for the first time since the towel incident.