[ 26 ] jackson knows

JACKSON KNOWS

STILES woke up the next morning feeling completely and utterly miserable.

He was going to have to go to school today as he did every other day, and look Aspen in the eyes and pretend like he hadn't heard her pornographic noises the night before.

He was going to have to look her in the eye and pretend he hadn't driven over to her house in the middle of the night to tell her how he finally felt, only to hear her moaning Jackson's name.

He was going to have to look her in the eye and pretend he wasn't jealous of Jackson Whittemore.

After he heard what was going on on the other side of that door, he bolted. He didn't exactly have a choice, he couldn't exactly just barge in like he had intended, and knocking would've been even more awkward.

So he swallowed the miserable lump in his throat, gathered together the few remaining shreds of his pride, and snuck out of the Carter household as quietly as he snuck in.

But any hopes of acting normal around her today were erased when she strutted on over to the lunch table, somehow looking even better than she had the day before. Or maybe she looked exactly the same, and she just got hotter and hotter in Stiles' eyes.

Stiles didn't miss the way she held a beaming smile, and she seemed to be glowing more than usual.

"Hey there, boys. Haven't seen you all morning, what's up?" she said, taking a bite out of her apple.

In actuality, a lot was 'up'.

"Jackson knows about werewolves." Stiles mumble under his breath, avoiding her eyes when speaking to her. "Care to explain?"

"What?" Aspen snapped back. "You're blaming me? I had no idea he knew, I've been doing everything I can to keep him in the dark."

"I'm sure." Stiles mumbled back, insinuation in his tone.

"Why are you being so snappy right now?" she said, slamming her apple down on the table, trying to get him to look up, which he didn't. "And why haven't you looked at me since I got here?"

"I'm not not looking a you." he retorted childishly.

"You're not looking at me right now-"

"Would you two shut up?" Scott interrupted the bickering. "Jackson's talking to me, he knows I can hear him."

"Did you tell him?" Stiles said in accusation to Aspen. "Did it... I don't know, slip out?"

"What is up with you? Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?" the brunette said, almost laughing in hysterics.

"Did you?" Stiles jabbed, far from laughing.

"Guys!" Scott snapped. "Talk to me, do something!"

"I can't think of anything, my mind's blank!" said Stiles.

"You sure about that? Sounds to me like you got a lot on your mind." Aspen sassed.

"Aspen, seriously, let it go." Stiles mumbled.

"Let what go?" She chuckled. "You're the one who's in a grump with me, which by the way, is putting a real downer on my good mood."

"Oh so you're in a good mood, huh? Why is that?"

"Okay..." said Aspen, pinching her brows at him in confusion, nothing he still couldn't even look at her. God, you would think she'd ran over his dog if he had one. "I'm gonna go find Allison, let me know when your man-period is over."