Fight of the Nightmares

Start from the beginning

"Hey..." Dracul called to Astrid and I "Does he look like he's flying straight?" He asked and we both paid close attention to see Hookfang wasn't really focusing on flying.

"No, it doesn't." Astrid answered 

We all watched as he entered the cave as the dome was close to being fully closed. I hear Hookfang roar and see him fly through the crack in the dome, Snotlout shouted something pointing at the gap in the closing dome and Hookfang flew towards it only for it to shut on him.

We hear the Nightmare crash as we all look at each other for a second before running to the entrance of the dome as the twins open it and we see only Snotlout on the ground with Hookfang nowhere in sight.

"Snotlout, are you ok?" Hiccup asked him only for him to groan and sit up.

"Ow. Define ok." Snotlout answered as Hiccup looked around the area to see no trace of Hookfang.

"Where's Hookfang?" Hiccup asked the rider only for Snotlout to look behind himself.

"That's what I'd like to know. I've got some words for that dragon!" He said frustrated.

I looked over at Hiccup only for him to look over at me and shrug his shoulders.

><><><

It was later in the day and Snotlout had found Hookfang by the time it was feeding time for the dragons. There were two fish piles, one for Toothless, Stormfly, Meatlug and Barf and Belch and the other for Nyra, Speedy and Ryu with Mischief stealing a few as he doesn't eat that many fish compared to the bigger dragons with Hookfang being fed on his own.

After we put our pile down I walk over next to Hiccup and had a quiet conversation with him about random things that have been happening around the edge. The conversation was cut short as I hear Snotlout get hit and land behind us, we turn to see him there on the ground.

"Ow, hey, everybody saw that right?" Snotlout asked standing up.

"Yes we did, my friend and it was delightful." Tuff said to him.

"My good sir, can you reenact it for us?" Ruff asked and both of the twins still using their theatre voices.

"No I mean Hookfang, he's acting weird." Snotlout explained to us, but to me, it seemed like it was a normal thing for these two but I could be wrong.

"How's that?" Fishlegs asked him.

"Well, he didn't listen to me during the race, he ran away, he just spits fish in my face, and threw me against the wall!" He explained it all to us.

"And this is weird how?" Astrid asked him.

"You have to admit, Snotlout that does kind of sum up your relationship with Hookfang." Hiccup told him but Snotlout only walked up to Hookfang, who roared and flew up hitting a supporting beam with his horns.

Hiccup walked over to Snotlout after seeing this.

"If you're coming over here to tell me I'm crazy, save it ." Snotlout said to him.

"You know what, Snotlout, you're right." Hiccup told him only for Snotlout to turn to him in surprise.

"I am?"

"No one knows your dragon like you do. If you really think something's wrong with him, then lock him in a pen for tonight so he just doesn't hurt himself. Then we can see how he's doing in the morning." Hiccup explained as they both look back up at Hookfang.

"Yeah. Yeah. Maybe I'll do that." Snotlout told him as I left to go get some sleep as Speedy was staying in Dracul's hut so I didn't need to worry about it.