32 ~ Noo

Hola y'all plsss vote and comment!! :)

Draco's POV

He knew, didn't he? He always knew. I headed to the astronomy tower, where I knew he was going to be in the coming minutes.

He never tried to stop me, does that mean he thinks my plan will work? At the least, he knows he's being watched, he seems to pick his words carefully. Never giving too much away. He knows I'm going to kill him, or Snape is going to kill him. Even Voldy doesn't know that bit.

Dumbledore is supposed to be the smartest, strongest wizard alive, yet he couldn't have come up with a plan that ended with him alive. If he could have just taken the spell of himself, so Voldemort couldn't hear and see him, I would have explained that I'd already taken the ring from the hideout. He suffered through all that for absolutely nothing.

I can't say the man's bad though, I'm shocked he figured all this out. Not too long after me as well, however, I did have help from both sides.

On a more important note, Hayden. He was dead too. He got caught. One of the few deaths I'd never forgive myself for. He didn't deserve this. Y/n was going to be heartbroken. But I still needed the locket.

Voldemort wasn't dumb either.

He was going to start catching on.

Now either, he might believe that Hayden was recruited by Dumbledore to help get the Horcruxes, or that it was his own idea. He didn't have a motive though, I did. But did he know? When he read my mind that day.

Did he realize how much I liked her?

How much, I loved her?

I started the hike up the spiral staircase towards the murder scene. Okay, act scared, nervous, panicked. Not too hard, the locket was still a problem.

I needed to get the locket myself. Before Voldemort realized.

I'd have to leave. She'll be safe. She has to be. He can't touch her. No one can, as long as she doesn't take the necklace off. It will sense the dark mark on the death eaters. Not mine, of course not mine, mine's the exception.

I approached the end as I understood the consequences of what was going to happen. I can't break the first few Horcruxes, I have to destroy them at once. But that's the least of my worries. She can't know I'm alive, Voldemort would realize. She can't know what I'm going to be doing. I need someone to tell her I'm dead.

I need her to think I'm dead.

Y/n's POV

It felt like it'd been hours, as I felt the energy in my burst. I was supposed to tell Selena. How was I going to do that?

She was so happy with him. She was the sweet baby of the group. It would ruin her.

I dragged my feet down the corridors, hoping to steer clear of any students on my way. I avoided the stares of the few students awake as I walked into the common room. The sun wasn't completely up yet and the room looked gloomy knowing his smile would never cheer us up ever again.

In front of Selena's door, I didn't have the power to knock. I didn't have the power to break her heart. "Y/n?" Her voice sounded from down the corridor.

My eyes shut, I turned to face her. "Oh no, what's wrong?!" She ran towards me, pulling me straight up, as she tucked her hands under my arm. "He-" "Who? What happened? Are you okay?"

The salty tears leaked down my cheeks as I looked at her blurry worried face. "Hayden he- he's-" A sob escaped my lips, as she understood what I was trying to say. Her hands dropped down to her shoulders and her eyebrows furrowed. "No, no, no-"