3 ~ Lion or Snake?

Guysss you won't believe it but I got over 100 views and I just noticed cause I kinda gave up a few days ago. When I went to delete it though I got like 20 more views and that's enough for me. Happy new year everyone!
——————
Y/n POV ✨

Not again, I thought as Lewis looked up at me and found me staring. I noticed he'd gotten hurt on his forehead and had to hold myself back from laughing. He does know he's a wizard right. He can fix that or get someone to fix that. I diverted my attention back to his eyes and saw that they were really really pretty. They were green. But not too dark to contrast with his light skin but not too light either. I'm not sure how to describe it. I would have died for eyes like those. I felt mesmerized and forgot that he had seen me gawping from outside. When I snapped back to my senses I saw a crack on his glasses and thought again about why he didn't just fix them with a swish of his wand.

             Now Athena and Jasper had seen me as well. No way out of this. I crossed my fingers, hoping that this trio was better than the last, and slid open the door to the compartment.

I had my back pressed up against the door as soon as it shut. Ready to run out if I met another "Draco". Athena, the only girl in the trio, spoke up first, "I'm Hermione Granger! You are..?" After a second, I understood that it was my turn to talk and quickly replied, "y/n, it's really great to meet you! Is this seat taken?" "Oh no, feel free to sit." I immediately liked her. I went to pick up my suitcase as Lewis got up and snatched it up before I got the chance. "Let me". I felt really happy, I'd picked a good door. For a moment I felt like I was in one of those game shows where this door has gold behind it while this one has a live lion. I'd faced the lion and escaped unscathed and managed to get the gold too.

Lewis easily picked up my suitcase with one hand as he gripped the other hand onto the railing of the overhead storage. I could see his muscles flex through his thin black t-shirt and quickly adverted my eyes to see Jasper right in front of me. I was about to tell him about the chocolate he had on his chin when Lewis sat back down, turned to face me, and stated, "I'm Harry, Harry Potter and that's Ron", he pointed at the redhead in front of me. I saw Ron grinning from the corner of my eyes but I kept my eyes on the scratch on Harry's head.

Harry probably noticed me inadvertently staring at his forehead so he quickly turned around and his long black hair covered up the mark. I felt the red crawl up to my cheeks and I was so embarrassed. But everyone ignored it so I did the same.

Nobody really knows this except me, but this really gets on my nerves. When someone manages to make me feel embarrassed or inferior over something that doesn't hold enough power to do so. However, these people seemed nice and I wasn't going to ruin it this easily. I looked over to Hermione and asked what year they were all in. "Oh we are year 7" "One more year to go, then we're done with this shit." Harry chuckled at Ron's comment while Hermione rolled her eyes. I was surprised at this combination. They all seem so different yet they're all so close.

Harry's POV ✨

            And I knew it. She was staring at my scar so obviously. I was really happy she didn't bring it up though. Shocked too, usually, people jump at the fact that this was the guy that defeated the "dark lord". Not to brag or anything.  Nobody showed it though of course they just congratulated me and told them how glad they were to meet me.

            I looked over at her again after she turned ahead to face Ron. I saw that she was pretty. Her hair was wavy and she used her hand to push it back from the top of her forehead often. She played with her hair too. I could see she was nervous. Racking my brain to think of something interesting or funny or witty to say but my brain did not cooperate. She spoke up first asking about what year we were in. I felt dumb. Basics dude. Could have just asked her how old she was to start something instead of sitting there staring at her hair.

             A while later everything seemed to be setting it place. Y/n was really nice and she always kept the conversation going. I wasn't very good at that, was I? After half an hour of laughing, gossiping, and getting to know we heard the bell ring outside again. Round two of chocolates here we go.

            I and Ron immediately got up to see what was left and grab as much as we could. Ron and Hermione had started dating last year and I felt kind of like a third wheel a lot. This maybe I random thought that came into my head but I missed the three of us running to get chocolates. He got them for her too now and I was just by myself. Putting aside all my depressing thoughts I got myself everything I wanted and waited for Ron to finish deciding. I saw Hermione looking outside the window of the compartment door and y/n doing the same. A solution to my depressing thoughts. Might as well get y/n some chocolates.

            After Ron finished buying way too much stuff I decided to get y/n 3 chocolate frogs, to match mine, Drooble's Best Blowing Gum, and 2 pumpkin pasties. I purposefully avoided Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans. Not the best way to start the new girls' year.

Y/n's POV ✨

               Not going to lie I was kind of afraid of what the boys were doing outside. I wanted to ask Hermione but she seemed to be trying to get Ron's attention by mouthing words. All I decoded were the words chocolate, pastries, and frogs. I really did not want to know what they were doing outside.

                The boys came back in with all 4 of their hands carrying bags full of food. I looked outside and felt my stomach drop as I saw the lady that was outside with them leave. I was really hungry and hadn't even realized it. Ugh, why was I so dumb I should have just gone outside to see what was happening and gotten myself something. My brain started overthinking like it always does, "I might just leave so I don't have to watch them eat", "maybe I could pretend like I'm full so they don't feel bad", worst of the collection; "what if they start pitying me for not having any food". In all honesty, it was sweet when someone cared but being pitied made me feel like a child and I had never been a fan of that. My parents were always super busy. They never had time to check in with me or do anything with me so I learned to manage on my own when I was young, with little things like food or games.

            I snapped back to reality and I saw Ron hand one of the bags to Hermione. Aww. They would make the cutest couple. Harry right behind Ron came up and handed me a bag too. He held it out for me to take and I felt like I was frozen in my place. I saw Hermione and Ron both looking at Harry like this was not what they expected. Harry spoke up first, "I wasn't sure what you liked so I just got you some of my favorites." I felt like I was in a movie and I couldn't move. But my eyes, oh my eyes, they kept blinking so fast. Like they couldn't believe what was happening and I was really mad at them. As a slowly unfroze I quickly blubbered out, " Oh thank you! But I really couldn't take them." Harry had had a smile on his face since he came in and I could see the end of his lips slowly tugging down. Ron also probably noticed it and quickly tried to lighten the atmosphere, "Ah just take it y/n he's loaded and he got himself enough chocolate. Won't stay in shape if he eats yours too." He shrugged. Harry quickly turned around and hit the back of Ron's head with his empty hand. Everyone laughed and I slowly felt myself joining in.

Harry's POV ✨

                  I had to say this was the best train ride yet. We had so much fun eating so many chocolates, candies, and pastries I didn't even notice we were almost there. We laughed at
y/n's joke and then I realized how little we knew about her. The first thing that I thought of was how sure I was of her being a Gryffindor. Yet I had to ask. So I did, "Hey, are your parents magic?" "Yup." "What house were they in then?" "Well my mom was Gryffindor and I never met my dad but my mom said he was Slytherin." Oh.