Chapter 12: Gossip

Third person's POV:

'She's not telling us everything ... ' Gojo told himself as he was eyeing (y/n)'s expression 'She's building up a wall around herself. I hope that one day she gets to fully trust me ' 

"Mrs (l/n) !  You have received two packages, one from Berlin and the other one from London.  What shall I do to them ? " Yaga stood next to (y/n) carrying two boxes with a slight bow

"Ohhh thank you ! I'll take them".  The (h/c) hair girl rose from the chair and took the packages from him disregarding his protests.  

"I'll take my leave now.  See you around "  She faced the two sitting male with a genuine smile on her face.  

It was very common for Eric to send a package for her when she was on a mission abroad.  It was his way to make sure that she wasn't lacking anything.  That's why she wasn't surprised when Ijich showed up with a box.  But what tilted her curiosity was the second one from Berlin.  Did Eric send another package from Germany ?

The young lady decided to start by opening the package from London.  Her intuition was spotless as usual:  It was Eric

"Life is too short to drink bad wine."

The box contained two bottles of her favourite wine, some cheese, a box of macaron and a set of her favourite kind of chocolate. A small smile drew itself on her face.  This small gesture warmed her heart and brought her so much joy.  

Eric was the royal family doctor.  He got to witness firsthand the cruelty that (y/n) had to face all by herself.  The young man always felt guilty about his silence and impassiveness.  He knew that he didn't hold any kind of leverage so all he could do was watch from afar and try to ease her sorrow.  

"Take care of yourself !"

"PS:  I wonder if the south is crowded during this time of the year"

(y/n)'s smile faded away when she was the last sentence.  She raised her eyebrows as she recalled the secret messages that they agreed upon: Someone is listening.  That was the true meaning of it.  He was warning her not to send any confidential information on the usual channel.  She didn't know how he acquired this intelligence but Eric was a resourceful man.

'Well, I did see the royal seal in a hotel room filled with curses.  So it makes sense that someone is spying on me' She thought to herself.  

Her eyes travelled through the room as she pondered the new information when she remembered the second package.  With a lot of apprehension, she slowing opened it.  The box was smaller than the fist one, and it simply contained another bottle of wine.  She took it out and eyed her.  It was a "chateau Cheval Blanc 1947", one of the most expensive bottles in the world with the cost of 263 203,20 American dollars (192000 Livre sterling - 221 164.31 euro ) (True fact, I checked).

Who would send me such a presumptuous gift.  A fancy card was carefully placed behind. "M.C" was the message written on it.  Those initial stands for Matthieu Capet, her ruthless husband.  

She faltered at the realization, throwing the bottle on the sofa. Fortunately, the cushion softened the fall keeping the priceless "gift" intact.

'Why is he sending me this ?  Is this a threat ? He is used to me leaving for a couple of months.  It can't be. Does he need something ? ... It doesn't matter.  I can't keep this bottle ! '