Chapter 1: Introduction

Y/N POV :

As a jujutsu sorcerer who works with the royal palace, I had to move a lot throughout my career. But I have never been in Japan before. 

As I promised him, the first thing I did was call Eric

''Hey, I am here, safe and sound. I am about to take a cab to jujutsu High''

''No, not yet. I want you to breathe a little bit. I reserved a room in a hotel downtown. Take the rest of the day off. Your meeting with Yaga is tomorrow morning''.

''Why ? I am fully rested''.

''No you are not. Your bruises haven't healed yet''

''But ... '', I tried to protest but I was quickly interrupted

''No buts. It's an order ! I am sending you the address. Take a cab. No one knows yet that you are in Tokyo.'' He pauses for a second calming himself ''Ma douce (My sweet) (F/N), you have been through a lot this year. You deserve a break from everything. Today, you are not married to a tyrant. You don't have to follow the will of anybody but yours. Go out and shop, eat, dance or just sleep. Do as you wish'', I could feel the sadness in his voice. His concern was really heart warming.

''Thank you'' I answered with a soft voice wiping a tear on my cheek, '' I am really lucky to have you''

After hanging up, I head to the address sent by Eric thinking about what I should do first. As soon as I entered the hotel room, I hopped in the shower to relax my stiffen muscles. I started washing my body with my lavender lotion. The warmth of the water was making me forget my worries. As soon as I got out of the shower, the phone's screenlightened up with a notification.

''You'll come back like the dog you are''.

it was a text from Matthieu. Why couldn't he leave me alone? After all, he despised my existence. He should be grateful that I left. With a sigh I threw myself on the bed deciding to ignore him. Today was my day. That's what Eric said.

I pondered my thoughts thinking about what I should do today but sleep decided to welcome me as an old friend.

---

I woke up disoriented as my eyes fluttered open. After looking at my surroundings and rememberingwhere I was I looked at myself and realised that I fell asleep in my towel. The clock was pointing 21:00. It wasn't that late so I decided to enjoy Tokyo's nightlife.. I wore a blackturtle-neck shirt with a short leather skirt. I paired it with high heels bootsthat reached my knees. I accessorized the whole with a simple necklace. I threw my black coat on since we were in the beginning of spring. I tried to tame my hair but I quickly gave up opting for a messy bun. After applying alight makeup I headed to the door.

Strolling down the streets of Tokyo, I found myself in front of a jazz-themed bar. The music coming from it sounded really niceso I decided to take a look inside.

I was met with a very warm vibe as soon as I went through thedoor. A live band was performing. People around the bar were chatting, drinking and enjoying themselves. Their energy was really contagious. I walked to the bar and asked for a glass of red wine. I sat on the chair and start sipping my drink while watching the people.

'If you want a good view, you should look over here'', a chanting yet husky voice brought my attention

"Seriously? That's your pick-up line? Come on, you can do better...", I turned around to look at the owner of the voice.

It was man, a handsome one. His white hair was down covering his forehead. He had a jawline that could cut glass and an arrogant smile. He was towering over me but that wasno surprise because I was really short. He was wearing ablack shirt that showed his fine collarbone, dark jeans and classical shoes. Healso sported sunglasses which I found weird because it was in the middle of thenight.