Chapter 10: Two special curses

Y/N'S POV:

I followed the address sent by Eric and I found myself in front of an abandoned hotel. it reeks of cursed energy: 

several special grades were here ! 

I close my eyes pinching my high nose.  I can't just head in there. I need more information. I place the palm of my hands together aligning my indexes

Simple Domain activate

Usually this technique is an anti-domain technique that erects a small barrier around the user to protect them from the effects of a regular domain expansion.  But in my case, it allows me to  feel the thoughts and the feelings of everyone that happens to be in the specific area created. 

I open my senses and feel my surroundings.  I can tell by the residual cursed energy that three special grades were here not too long ago.  Other than that, the building seemed empty.  But why do I seem uneasy ?  Something is bothering me and I don't know what.  There's only one way to find out.

I was now in the room shown in the video tape.  The window was covered by a black cloth letting only a few streams of light escape.  Some shadows were dancing under the constant darkness.  It took me a few minutes to adjust my eyes to the lack of luminosity. As I scrutinized the surroundings I could see that the paint was peeled and the wood has already started to rot.  the dust that clung on the surfaces had different opacity.  Someone was clearly here.  

I approached the  fireplace and  the remaining of some ashes brought my attention.  As I squatted down, I saw the corner of a piece of paper hanging in between the ashes.  I took it and I started examining it.  

Why is the royal seal stamped on it ? 

I turned it around looking for some other clues.  This is getting weird.  It was an old parchment illuminated with silver.  It was a practice that flourished throughout the European Middle Ages.  I have seen this type of papers but I am not sure where.  

I was still pondering that thought when a sinister presences started growing behind me.  My hair stood up on the back of my neck as I prepared myself for the worst.  I glanced behind me and directly dived on the side escaping  some kind of grasp.  I faced the creature and I saw a humanoid made of shadows with a sword instead of his hand placed where I was sitting. 

The creature was tall, all black and had its back arched.  

It titled what seemed to be his head and looked at me.  The sword twirled around and transformed into a hand in a matter of second.  Without a second thought it jumped on me readying its hands to strangle me.  But fortunately, I was faster, I turned around it and placed my palm on his shoulder and hit its back with my leg.  The shock made it falter, which gave me the time to kick its feet and force it on its knees.  I took out my garrote and strangled its neck.  

"The more you struggle, the more it's going to hurt ! ".  which was true, this weapon was a special Cursed Tool imbued with a cursed for over a decade. 

"Golem"

The creature flinched at the mention of its name.  it let out a high pitch tearing sound filled with pain and wrath. My empath nature took over, and I couldn't do anything but press my hand on my ear-drum protecting my mind.