Truth

Chicago: Sam's POV
I packed all my stuff when Will comes in with an wheelchair. "Oh hell no. I can walk!" I immediately say. "Hah, this isn't negotiable. You're leaving this hospital in an wheelchair young lady." He responds laughing. I look at Jay but he puts his shoulders up. "I'm with him Sam, you're going in the wheelchair." He says. Well, that's nice. Typically my brothers. I give in and Will helps me in the wheelchair. Then we get downstairs and get through the ED. "Hey little Halstead, you're good to go" Connor comes up to us and hands me the discharge papers. "Thanks Connor, for everything." I say and I give him a hug. He smiles and then says goodbye. We go further and say goodbye to the staff. "Yess! I see you next week again?" Maggie asks. "You bet." I smile and wave her goodbye. We leave outside to the car.

Jay, Will and I are driving home after I got released from the hospital. They're both very quiet and it annoys me. So I decide to go for it. "Okay, tell me what you want to tell. Ask me what you want to ask but don't be silent." I say. Jay and Will look at eachother. "Well?" I ask. We stop at our house and get inside. "I just don't get why you didn't tell us?" Jay says. Allright. I knew this would be it. I take a deep breath. "Because I was scared." I say. "Scared? Come on Sam you can trust us. You are our sister, not a stranger or something." Will says. I nod. "I know but I have memories about the past too you know. I remember how pissed dad got when he got home. I remember the abuse, the fights, the arguments. Everything. I know what he did to the both of you, to me, to us.. I didn't want you to get involved in this, I thought I could handle it but it only got worse." I say and I get tears in my eyes. Everyone is silent for a bit. "Sam.. We're sorry. Really." Jay says. I shake my head. "No. You shouldn't say that. I love you guys and I know I can talk to you about anything, but sometimes it isn't that easy to do it. I thought I could handle it on my own but I was wrong. I should've told you guys sooner. I'm the one who should say I am sorry." I say. "No you're not. We should." Will says. "Okay, why don't we quit saying sorry and promise that from now on we will tell everything to eachother?" Jay suggests. We all laugh and agree with him. Then my phone buzzes. My heart stops for a second. "It's dad." I say quietly and I look at my brothers. "Pick up and try to keep him in the phone." Jay says and he pulls out his phone. Will sits down next to me and takes my head. I take a breath, pick up the phone and put in on speaker so Will and Jay can listen too. Jay gets up and makes a phone call. "Hello?" I say. "Sammy! Honey! So good to hear your voice again! I need to know, were you hurt in that shooting?" Pat asks. I look at my brothers. Jay nods that I should say yes. Will squeezes my hand. "Honey? Are you there?" Pat questions. "Uhh yeah I'm here." I answer him. "Were you hurt?" Pat asks again. "Yes, I was. But I'm okay now." I say. "What? Oh sweetheart. I'm so sorry. How are your brothers? I would like to speak to them as well. Are they with you right now?" Pat questions. Jay shakes his head and whispers "not yet". "Uhm no they are not here." I tell dad. "Oh that's okay, let's talk about you. Where did you got hurt?" Pat says. "Oh in my belly and leg, but it's fine." I say. Then we hear some weird noises on the phone. "JESUS JACK, HOW DID YOU GET HERE? LEAVE ME ALONE. Honey I got to go but I'll come by soon, I promise." Pat then suddenly says. Then he hung up. "Wait what? I don't want that." I say and I look at Jay who also hangs up on his call. "He's not going to get here Sam, promise. I called Adam while you were calling and he traced him again." He says. "So where is he?" Will asks. "Nearby Chicago Med." I feel like I'm gonna faint. "You're joking right?" I ask. Jay shakes his head. "But then he knows that I work there. And that Sam volunteers there." Will thinks out loud. "Yes that's what we thought as well." I start to think about it. "So what's the plan?"