Trace the call

Chicago: Jay's POV
"Give me your phone" I say to Sam. "What are you gonna do?" She asks. "Making sure that he stops." I respond and she gives me her phone. "No you won't." I hear behind me and see Voight and Olinsky coming in. The phone stops buzzing. The call ended. "Think about it Jay, we have to make a plan first and then we'll do something." Olinsky says. Voight walks to Sam and gives her a hug. "How you doing kiddo?" He asks. "Better, I can walk around again" she smiles. "That's great, now do you want to tell me what's going on with your dad?" He says. Sam nods and quickly tells the story she told me and Will before. "Well, that's a big story Sam." Olinsky says. Sam nods. "So what are we going to do?" Will says. "The next time you get called I want you to let us know immediately. Jay if she gets called. You make sure to locate where it's coming from. Sam, this isn't going to be fun but I need you to pick up and keep him as long as you can on the phone. We need some time to locate him." Voight explains. "What? I don't want to, I can't." She says and she starts to cry. "Ssh it's okay. We're always here with you and not letting you go through this alone okay?" Will comforts her. She nods and calms down a bit. Her phone rings again. Everybody looks af me since I have her phone. I look at it. "It's him again. He says he tries to call her again tonight. And he hopes that she picks up." I say. "Allright Olinksy you get the stuff to trace the call and bring Ruzek back with you. He's good with tracing stuff." Voight says. Olinsky leaves and Connor comes in to do some tests on Sam. "Well this is nice, a lot of people to visit you today little one. Sorry guys but I need some space to do checkups on this young lady. So if you please would step out?" He says. We nod and he stays behind. Will is getting some coffee for us and Voight and I wait in the waiting area. "Thanks for helping us." I say to him. "Ofcourse, you're family and you know how I think about that." He says. I nod. Will comes back with Hailey. "Hey, Will told me what happened." She says to me. "Yeah it wasn't really something I was expecting." I respond. "I know, i'm sorry I couldn't tell you." She apologizes. "No, I'm glad that she told you and that you helped her. Thanks Hailey." I say. Connor comes out. "Well she is doing great, I expect her to be able to leave the hospital within a few days." He says. "That's awesome. Thank you Connor." Will says.

That night
"Is it weird that I'm nervous?" Sam asks. "No, completely normal little one. When he calls try to stay calm and talk yourself through the call. I only need 30 seconds to trace him. Can you do that?" Ruzek responds. Sam looks at me and Will. "You stay here right?" She says. "Ofcourse." I say and Will nods. That seems to calm her down a little. We talk a bit until her phone starts buzzing. "Its him!" Sam screams. "Okay stay calm and try to keep him on the phone as long as you can." Ruzek says. Sam nods and she picks up. "H-h-hello?" Sam says. Voight signs that she has to put it on speaker and so she does. "Sammy? Oh my god you're finally picking up. Babygirl I missed you so much. Why didn't you respond to my texts or calls?" Pat says. I freeze when I hear his voice and notice that Will is doing the same thing. "I didn't want you to call or text me" Sam says with a shaking voice. "Oh it's okay I'm already really glad that you've picked up. Is it true did that shooting happen at Jay's precinct? Are you hurt?" Pat asks. Sam looks at me, I nod at her. "Uh yes it was his district." She says. Ruzek suddenly jumps up and puts on his tumb. "I got him" he says with no sound. "That is good to hear Sammy. But are you hurt? The news said that there was a teenage girl shot and brought to the hospital." Pat says. "Got to go, bye" Sam says while she hangs up. "Awesome Sam, you did great" Hailey says. "Sam?" I ask. Then she bursts out in tears. "Okay calm down, we're here. You're okay." I say. I hug her tight. "You did amazing kiddo. Really." Olinksy says. "I-I-I it brings back the memories from the past." She says. "I know but that is behind you. You know that." Will says. She nods and calms down a little. "Let's get you some rest. We'll come back tomorrow" Voight says. The team gets their stuff and leave. Sam is still crying but falls asleep in my arms.