☆twenty-seven☆

"Minho, Thomas, Newt, Frypan, Winston and Jack, you'll come with me in a moment. We're going to run some tests, make sure you're alright." Mr. Janson announced to the group of now- clean Gladers, his clipboard held firmly to his chest. Mae didn't really trust him. He had a certain air to him that was- well, rat like. Like a two faced man who would smile to your face and spit behind your back. But he was giving them a place to stay, food to eat, and new clothes- so she wasn't going to do anything to sabotage that safety.

Another woman beside him, with a smile plastered on her face and a white doctors coat, was looking straight at Mae and Teresa. 

"Girls, please follow me." She turned on her heel, starting down the hallway. The boys were still standing frozen in place, Mr. Janson waiting for the sisters to follow after the Doctor.

Teresa glanced at Mae, then reluctantly started walking forward. Mae's arms were crossed over her chest, her eyebrows raised at the suspicious words Mr. Janson and his colleague were spewing.

"Why do you have to separate us again?" She asked, ignoring the disapproving  look Newt was giving her. 

"It's only for safety and health purposes. I assure you that you will be reunited as soon as the doctors clear you." He answered calmly.

Although she wasn't satisfied with his answer, she knew that causing any more problems wouldn't help her figure out this whole thing. Slowly, she took a last glance at the boys and continued down the hall after Teresa. 

She caught up to her sister, trying not to seem too on edge as she analyzed the facility. The walls were bright white, the halls filled with workers and doctors. The woman led the girls past a few open doors, until she came to one at the end of the hallway. She opened it, revealing a room filled with medical devices, beds, and equipment. The woman gestured toward two beds behind a white curtain, prompting them forward.

Mae glanced at Teresa, who didn't seem quite as worried as she was. The doctor stared at them with her strange, perky smile growing larger than ever.

"Please have a seat on your beds. Our nurses will be taking care of you." Mae hesitantly lowered herself onto the bed, her eyes darting from the machine hooked up to the side to the door back into the hallway.

Just as the nurse was about to close the curtain, Mr. Janson stepped through the door, Mae's friends following closely behind with curious expressions on their faces. Thomas spotted Mae, and tried to moved forward to her, but before there could be any sort of interaction, the nurse slid the white curtain in front of Mae's face. She did the same on all sides, preventing her from seeing her sister. Lastly, she pushed Mae's shoulder back lightly, gesturing for her to lay down.

Fuming and anxious, the girl was forced to lay flat on her back, watching as the nurse waltzed around her bed gathering the supplies she needed.

"What are you going to do to me?" She asked, trying not to let her fear leak through her voice. There was no reason to be scared of these people, but they still made her feel uneasy. 

"We're just going to give you some of the nutrients you were missing! All you're going to feel is one little prick, then you can take a much needed nap." The nurse said cheerily, moving toward her right side and stealthily sliding her sleeve up. Her eyes slightly widened as she swallowed her panic, Mae watched as the nurse poked a needle into her skin, which was attached to an IV with some sort of liquid now flowing through her veins.

"What is that?" 

She tried to get up, but all of a sudden, the world around her started to darken. Mae started to panic, attempting to lift herself onto her feet, but the nurse just smiled lightly, giving her a cheerful wave as Mae's eyes fluttered shut.