Chapter 2

The front door is already locked and I'm laying down on the the steps that go up to the house trying to calm my breathing.

I open my bag up and spray some of the cologne on my wrist to help me calm down.

I place it back in my bag and shut my eyes with my wrist to my nose smelling in the scent.

About 10 minutes later I hear a car turn in. I squeeze my eyes shut and continue breathing deep.

It's ok, it's ok. I repeat to my self in my head.

I hear my dad talking to Archer not even letting him get one word in yet.

I haven't looked over to my right but I fill eyes burning into my face.

"Becca" I hear my mom say

"Mhmm" I mumble.

"Don't you want to say hello to your uncle Archer?" My mom asks

I scrunch up my nose at the uncle part. "He's not my uncle and no thanks." I say opening my eyes looking up at the sky.

"Becca..." my mom start to say but my phone starts to ring.

Thank God

I stand up and answer the phone call. Not even bothering to look at the ID of the caller.

"Hello" I say still not looking over at Archer

"Have you left yet." I hear on the other end.

That gets a smile out of me.

"No but we are about to. Why?" I ask MK
I met her in high school and we haven't been able to separate since.

"I just thought that you forgot to call me." She says.

I laugh

"I told you I would call once we leave and once we get there." I say back

"I know but I thought you forgot." She says with a sad voice.

"Well I didn't I was fixing to call you once I got In The car. "

"Is he there yet?" She asks

She knows most of the story about what happened between me and Archer because when we had sleepovers she would see the picture of him on my blanket that I would always sleep with and ask who it was.

"Yep. " I say looking at the ground.

"We'll has he changed since last time you saw him."

"I don't know. I haven't looked yet." I reply

"What are you going to do give him the cold shoulder the whole 2 weeks including the 6 hour long trip that you are going to be in the car with him."

"Yeah, probably." I say

"Jesus, well call me as your on the road if you get to bored." She says

"I will, love you."

"Love you too"

I end the call and pick my backpack up off the step that I was laying on.

I finally look up and look over to wear my mom is on her phone probably trying to find a good way to get to the mountains. I look over to my dad and see that he is still talking to archer.

I finally get enough courage to take a peek at Archer.

When I do I suck in a sharp breath. GOOD GOD this man had turned into the hulk. He is all muscle. No fat at all. When I look up I am meet with his ocean blue eyes.