Chapter 19 - High Treason

Start from the beginning

Loki gently plucks the ribbon from your hand, and motions for your to turn around. Goosebumps prickle up and down your arms in excitement as you feel Loki pull your hair back into a ponytail, and tie it up with his ribbon. He really is good with your hair.

"Perfect," he says, turning you back around and giving you a gentle kiss. "Are you ready to go get our son?" he asks.

With a nod, Loki pulls you in tight by your waist.

"Heimdall...if you're with us, take us where we need to go," Loki calls out.

A moment later, you feel the balcony beneath you fall away as you're surrounded by that familiar beam of beautiful light. 

When your feet hit the ground, you expect to find yourself on the bifrost. Maybe near the palace. But instead, you're in a dark forest. Thick with brush, the first thing you notice is the sound of rushing water from somewhere up ahead. 

Then a cry. 

"Anthony," you whisper beneath your breath, taking a few eager steps forward. But Loki grabs your arm, pulling you back.

"Wait," he says, scanning your surroundings. 

Another cry pierces the silence, and you pull yourself from Loki's grasp, running instinctually towards the cry.

"No, Y/n, wait!" hisses Loki as he once more grabs for your arm. 

But your motherly instincts pull you forward, and you lean into your seidr, teleporting ahead in small jumps, leaving Loki behind. You move in magical leaps until you reach a clearing near a small pond. Ahead, you spot a familiar figure with long, flowing caramel hair. She holds an unhappy toddler on her hip, his pale cheeks stained with the tears that fall from his emerald eyes.

"My baby," you cry out, running forward as Frigga turns, and gives you a soft smile.

"My dear," she says warmly, handing out Anthony to you.

"Mama!" screams Anthony, leaning out of Frigga's grip towards you.

Pulling him from Frigga's arms, you hold him tight to your chest as you sink to your knees, burying your face against his tiny body pressing kisses on his cheeks and head. 

"I'm here, baby. Mama's here," you soothe as he cries, holding tightly to you. 

"Vennen mín," you hear a deep voice from behind as Loki's arms surround you both, pulling you in tightly. 

You sob once or twice as you hold Anthony, trying to calm yourself so you can return to calming him. You reach back and take his little hands, pulling them from around your neck as you and Loki both lean back to look at your son. 

Between his sniffles, you brush away his tears with your fingers, and Loki has his hands on both of your shoulders, steadying you as you calm your child.