[ 44 ] it's what she's always wanted

Start from the beginning

In the midst of trashing his room in a breakdown, Scott noticed a couple of the pictures on his wall had fallen down.

All of them were of him and Aspen.

And they were smiling in all of them.

Scott slowly walked over to the fallen photographs, picking one of them up. It had creased down the middle, symbolically between Stiles' half of the picture and hers.

Scott smiled weakly at the picture before handing it to Stiles.

"Look." Scott said calmly as Stiles slowly took the photo from his hands. "You guys are like two halves of one whole. But right now her half is breaking." Scott says, pointing to a rip on the image, symbolically enough, the rip was over Aspen's face.

Stiles just stared at the paper in his hands. He tried to uncrease it, he tried to make it go back to normal.

"The truth is we don't know how to help her. This is uncharted territory." Scott said quiet and solemn. "But knowing that you love her might just ease some of the pain she's going through right now."

Stiles gulped down a lump in his throat before lifting his head up to Scott.

"It's all she's ever wanted." Scott added.

"When did you get so wise?" Stiles let out a small laugh.

"I don't know." Scott shrugged. "Maybe being with Allison has made me a hopeless romantic or something."

"How did Allison react when you first told her you love her?" Stiles asked, still clenching the photograph in his hands.

"Well..." Scott chuckled. "We aren't exactly the best blueprint to learn from."

Stiles laughed a little too.

"I gotta tell her." said Stiles, looking back down at the photo of Aspen and him, where she was smiling.

He missed her smile so much.

"I gotta tell her I love her." he repeated, "I gotta tell her she's the best thing to ever happen to me, I gotta tell her she's-"

"Calm down, Loverboy." Scott said, unable to mask his huge grin. He'd been rooting for these two for as long as he could remember.

"Right." said Stiles. "Where is she? Is she at your house?"

"Yeah, well, it's technically her house now too." Scott informed him. "But just remember..."

"What?" Stiles said impatiently as he got ready to go tell the girl he loved how he felt.

"It might not work..." Scott said in a warning tone.

"I'm not doing it to hear her say it back." was all Stiles said, before he bolted out of his bedroom door and didn't have any intention of slowing down until he was where he needed to be.

When Stiles and Scott got to the McCall household, Scott immediately made a dash for his own bedroom, where Stiles made his way to the spare room, otherwise known as Aspen's room now. When he found her, she was curled up under the sheets with her eyes open, simply staring at a patch on the floor.

When she heard the door open, she slowly lifted her head up to see who it was, a very faint smile emerging on her lips when she saw it was Stiles. She sat up at his entrance, leaning her back against the headboard, and waved at him.

"Hey..." Stiles said, his hands shaking slightly out of nerves. He was about to say something he was going to say two weeks ago, on that very park bench.