𝟎𝟔

A couple of hours later, Lydia and Damon arrived at the old Lockwood cellar as Mason called out, " I'm surprised you showed" he glanced up at the two as he lit a lantern" Damon rolled his eyes with a sarcastically smile on his face and responded, ...

A couple of hours later, Lydia and Damon arrived at the old Lockwood cellar as Mason called out, " I'm surprised you showed" he glanced up at the two as he lit a lantern" Damon rolled his eyes with a sarcastically smile on his face and responded, "You put a snag in my only other Klaus lead. So I'd say I'm highly motivated"

Damon passed the shovel to Lydia who scoffed in disbelief as Mason shook his head in amusement passing a lantern over to Damon and questioned, " Mikael? Yeah. That didn't turn out so great, did it?" Damon clenched his jaw together as he scowled at the dead werewolf in annoyance and asked, "how do you know so much?"

"There's not much to do on the other side but sit around and watch other people screw things up" the Lockwood boy resorted, narrowing his eyes at the raven haired vampire as Lydia glanced between the two in frustration shoving the shovel back into Damon arms, " what exactly are we looking for?" The hybrid asked raising her eyebrows not exactly knowing why they are down here in the first place.

Mason just smiled in response with a glint in his eyes, grabbing the shovel from the raven haired vampire before answering the raven haired girl, "There's an old Lockwood family legend about a weapon that can kill an original vampire. Like the rest of their secrets, they kept it buried," Mason informed the two before trying to break the brick wall in front of them with the shovel.

Lydia and Damon both watched the dead werewolf with amusement as nothing happened before Damon sighed in frustration and told him, "oh, come on, give me the thing. Move," the raven haired vampire exclaimed grabbing the shovel from Mason and using his vampire strength to break the wall.

Damon and Mason both peeked inside the dark hole before glancing at one another, " go for it" Mason told the vampire with a smile on his face gesturing with his hand for him to go first. The Salvatore just smiled back sarcastically, " you first" he resorted with a fake smile neither one trusting the other to be the one to go first.

Mason snorted glancing at Lydia in disbelief before looking back at Damon, " what, you think I'm leading you into a trap?" Damon just stared at him with a scowl on his face and exclaimed, " the thought crossed my mind" Lydia groaned as she rolled her eyes in annoyance, fed up with the two constantly bickering knowing this would not get them anywhere, " For God's sake. You're acting like a bunch of babies"

The hybrid sighed in frustration as she climbed through the hole walking ahead of the two making Mason and Damon exchange a look before following after her. Lydia glanced around in the dark before muttering,"post tenebras spreo lucem," moving one of her hands over the other making a ball of light
conjured from her hand making it easier for Lydia to see where she was going.

Damon and Mason glanced at Lydia impressed with the amount of magic she held as she was one of the most powerful witches in the word to ever exist. The Rosewood witches come from a long line that goes back two thousand years and are incredibly strong, stronger than the Bennett blood line.