Chapter~04 - A Beautiful home

Real love doesn't meet you at your best it meets you in your mess.

Ellie's POV

Amara had pinged me the address of the apartment that we will be staying in. I let the tedious task of apartment hunting on Amara so that I can just move in directly.

It is in the Downtown Dallas. We reached the Oak Apartments and this looked a like a quiet nice locality and the apartment looked lavish. I guess Amara lives because no way in the world I can afford rent here in this place. I am totally broke with a baby and student loans and this is the one reason I might be thinking to tell the truth to her father so that my baby can lead a better life.

We parked the car and waited patiently for Amara to meet up. When I saw her I felt really happy because we have hardly been apart she was glowing in a peach maxi dress and Rey joined her in a Casual Jeans and Polo shirt.

Amara was playing with the keys and I knew she was nervous about something, because she behaves weird when she is trying to hide something.

"Amy is everything alright"? I checked on her with concern.

"Well yeah everything is perfect" she faked a smile and then turned and hugged Sam and lead us towards the elevator.

Rey had an important call so he didn't join us and I was happy I got a chance to speak to Amy.

"Babe whose apartment you are taking us to"? I questioned.

"The one I looked for you guys to stay over" she said and I paused and tried to be composed about it.

"Amy you know I am broke and there is no way I can afford to pay rent and bills of this lavish place at the moment you know I am getting Cora here in few days and I have Pre-school and daycare costs to cover as well and I highly appreciate the way you looked up apartments but I guess we have to look for a different place" I tried to explain to her softly in a nervous tone.

"Ells stop being so nervous I won't force you into something that you don't like so just have a look at the apartment first and then decide if you want to be there or not Ok"? She tried to be positive and calm about this.

As she opened the apartment I was in awe of the beauty it was a one bed fully furnished studio apartment and it shouted luxury from every bit but my stomach was in knots with the rent thing hanging on head.

"This is so perfect and just beautiful Amy, Is this the reason you didn't let me pack furniture? " I questioned her.

"Yes Ells and stop worrying about rent and throw a house warming party soon because these apartments belong to Rey and he specifically was involved and interested in designing this entire place because he wanted to do something apart from the laboratories he jumped into construction and designing and well it paid of well to him and you can stay here as long as you want to without any rent" She finally let the truth out.

"But this is too much Amy I just can't take it.  I can maybe look for a place cheaper than this and settle down" I tried to convince her.

"Ells this wasn't my idea.  Rey wanted you to stay close to us I stay in the pent house here in the same apartment so please don't disappoint me, there will be no place that will be as safe as this for Cora just try and understand this" Amy tried convincing me again.

"OK Amy!  But I will move out of it in a few months when I have saved enough for me and Cora  but where is Samara going to stay"?  I just accepted it for my daughter she deserves the best and I know Amy will be of great help if we stay close.

"Obviously with me I have her room ready but I don't see any excitement on her face is everything ok Sam?  Are you feeling sick? " she questioned her anxiously.

"Well uh-huh I am totally fine just a bit tired after the journey you show me through the room and I will catch up after some sleep" she spoke disinterestedly and I know she is still upset because of Dalton.

"Ells I can't thank you enough for taking care of Sam in my absence you get some rest and I will see you later"  she said that and vanished towards the elevator.

I pulled my suitcase inside and looked over the beautiful apartment that I will be calling home for a few months.  I am beyond thankful to Amy and Rey for letting me stay here for a while and I am happy I can do well for my daughter and next step I will have to take is finding a damn nice job with a business major I am sure I can get through in a nice reputed company.

I had a warm shower changed in my pyjamas and settled on the couch it was a beautiful grey couch and I can easily sleep here. I decided to order food from outside but I heard a knock on the door and it was Amy holding food containers.

"Ells try some Ravioli it's amazing our chef has prepared this" she beamed with excitement.

"Perks of marrying a millionaire I am so happy for you Amy" I teased her.

"Thanks for the food and yeah for everything that you have done to help me" I genuinely thanked her.

"Another thank you and I will be out of this door and I am serious babe" she threatened me.

"Ok Sorry!  How's Sam doing? " I questioned.

"I am not sure what is wrong with her she is terribly silent and didn't even notice that I had color themed her entire bedroom to purple because that's her favorite color and I am worried that it might be she is sick and I can't lose her Ells" she spoke fearfully.

"I guess she is well but just suffering from a heartbreak. I noticed that Dalton was withdrawn too and didn't talk much yesterday when we were telling our goodbyes and she spoke to him for a few minutes and is upset about the separation and change of place don't worry she will come around soon" I tried to console her.

"I know they are friends from three years and I am guilty for doing that to her but this will be for her best" she spoke about the school and shopping plans with Sam to Cheer her up and I could see my best friend truly happy she got her forever and a very content life.

After she left I locked my apartment door and facetimed Cora for few minutes and also informed my parents to get her to Dallas this weekend so that my baby can spend all her time with me.

I drifted off to sleep peacefully like a heavy weight had been lifted off my shoulders.