𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟔 | 𝑻𝒂𝒔𝒉𝒃𝒂𝒂𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑵𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒉 |

Začít od začátku

"Oh, Corin, that awful bruise," Susan approached him and brushed her fingers gently over his bruised browbone. "We simply cannot take you back to your father looking like that,"

"It's a battle wound of which I am most proud of," Corin grinned and Edmund had no doubt he was indeed proud of his black eye. He'd probably tell everyone on the ship about it. And then at Cair Paravel when they returned. And again at Anvard. And every breathing chance he got. 

He sighed. This is going to be a long trip home. 

"I know just the thing that will fix it back in Cair Paravel," Susan continued.

Edmund looked up and smirked. "Queen Imira makes some great ointment for such occasions," he said and considered the black eye and his sister-in-law's smelly fix-all paste would be punishment enough for Corin's latest antics. 

"Oh, that thing smells––" Edward began, too familiar with the stinky concoction his mother put on him for every cut and scrape he turned up with, but his brother elbowed him in the ribs and King Edmund's pointed glare made him understand. "Minty," he amended and the three Pevensies shared a conspiratorial look Corin was too busy enjoying Susan's attention to notice, for Corin loved Susan like an older sister, or a mother, or a cousin, or all three at the same time for he had neither. 

"Minty? Are you serious?" Will whispered to his brother. 

"Oh, he wasn't even listening," Edward retorted. 

"Couldn't you think of something better?" 

A long trip back, indeed, Edmund thought. "Alright now, gather around everyone. It's getting late and there is yet much to do," he said, gaining everyone's attention at once.

Susan stopped fussing over Corin, the twin princes stopped bickering and they all formed a circle around the king.

"The gates close at sundown and we need to leave the city one by one to avoid arousing suspicion.

"Lord Peridan will escort you first, Prince Corin, along with one of Susan's ladies, Mr Tumnus, and a dwarf. I trust you won't cause him any trouble," he threw the prince a warning look that told him they just might leave him if he so much as blinked out of turn.

Corin gave him an embarrassed smile.

"You two will leave separately," Edmund continued, turning to his nephews.

"Sir Threston," he looked at the knight who was hauling trunks of the princes' belongings outside with the help of Becc Stowes and who stopped at the mention of his name, "you and your party will escort the princes down to the ship next. No funny business, boys. You get to the Splendour Hyaline and you do not leave your cabin until we go find you. All of you," he eyed Corin, just in case he hadn't been clear.  

"Your Majesty," Lord Peridan's voice made everyone turn. 

Standing by the doorway with a sweaty brow and a serious look he gave the King a nod. 

"Ah. Just in time, Peridan. Corin, on you go,"

"What, now?!" The Archenlander Prince asked, wide-eyed. 

"Yes, now," Edmund placed a broad hand on his shoulder and led him to the chair where his cloak hung. "There is not a minute to waste. The few servants that were granted to us with this house are in the market helping our men find food and entertainment for that fake party, but that won't keep them away forever. We need to be quick," 

"And discreet," Lord Peridan added. 

Corin looked up from buckling his cloak to find everyone giving him a pointed look.