George froze at the close contact and grumbled, "There? Where are you taking me?!"

"You'll see when we get there. Now are you going to listen or make this harder for both of us?"

George squirmed in response, trying to wiggle out of the man's grip. The man sighed and pressed more closely to George while digging his blade into his neck slightly.

"Stop struggling and listen or I'll knock you out and carry you."

George stopped struggling immediately. He loosened against the man in defeat and grumbled, "Fine."

"Good," he replied as he dropped his blade from George's neck and pulled him along again. His grip was slightly more lax now that George had given up.

But George hadn't given up just yet. He thought of a plan as he looked around, trying to seem innocent. He saw an opportunity and took it. The man was about to speak when George used his loose grip against him.

He quickly pried the man's fingers off his arm. When the man turned around, caught off guard, George kneed him in his groin. The assassin doubled over in pain and George ran back towards the castle.

He knew he couldn't outrun the man, so he climbed up a tree out of the man's sight. George's breathing grew erratic the higher he climber. He stopped midway up the tree and looked down. He just had to wait the man out. He'd leave eventually... right?

George heard the man curse.

"You can't hide from me!" he called out, his voice amused.

George took deep breaths, trying to calm his nerves. He couldn't see the man from his angle, but he hoped he was nowhere near George's tree.

"Oh George!" the assassin crooned, seeming to enjoy this little hunt, "Georgie-poo, come out to play."

George scowled at the nickname, but he wouldn't say anything to give away his location. His chest rose and fell as he tried to quickly think of a way out.

"Geeoorge," the man sang gleefully, "do you really think I won't find you?"

George held his breath as he heard the voice near him.

He heard the man laugh, "You think you can hide in the trees?! I see your footprints! It's only a matter of time before I find you!"

George's arms started to ache from holding himself up. He decided to get out of the tree and sneak away quietly. He slowly eased himself down the tree branches. He noticed the silence, the man hadn't spoken in a moment. George paused before quietly lowering himself from the tree. As soon as his feet hit the ground he was pushed up against the tree.

"You think you can hide from me?" the man purred into his ear, "Oh George, such determination and for what?"

George looked at the ground and sagged in defeat. He didn't respond. He tried to look as defeated as possible. George wasn't going to give up yet.

The assassin grabbed his chin and pulled his face up. George looked up at the blank mask, the creepy smile staring at him.

The man chuckled. "I still see that fire in your eyes. Don't think I'll let my guard down this time."

George sighed and tried to push the man off him. He held George firmly, not moving from his stance.

"What? No comeback? No insults? Nothing?" the man teased.

"Get off me," George grumbled.

To his surprise, the man backed off immediately. He still kept a firm grip on George's arm. The man looked at the now dark sky and sighed.

"Let's get going."

George hung his head in fake defeat. He wondered if the man would let his guard down eventually. they started walking quietly. George figured conversation would be a good way to put the man at ease.

"Sooo," George muttered, "what's your name?"

The man turned his head towards George slightly, "Dream."

"Dream? Huh, that's... unique I guess."

The man―Dream―snorted, "It's not my real name, idiot, it's just my work name."

"Then what's your real name?" George asked curiously.

Dream paused before replying, "That's not for you to know."

George shrugged, "Whatever... ummm, how old are you?"

"Twenty-two... Why so many questions?" Dream asked, amused.

George shrugged again. "Just wanted to know who's taking me hostage."

Dream chuckled, making George's heart beat quicker. He tried to peak under the side of Dream's mask, but it was useless; the mask was practically glued to his face.

They walked the rest of the night, not stopping to sleep. George asked many questions and tried to make conversation. Most of the questions Dream avoided, but George learned a bit more about his captor.

As the night progressed, George started getting quiet. He was getting tired and starting to tumble in his step.

Dream looked at him and snickered, "Tired?"

George grumbled a response and Dream sighed. He lifted George up and started carrying him bridal style.

"Put me down!" George protested tiredly.

Dream chuckled, but didn't put George down. George whined and struggled to get down. Dream just tightened his grip. George let out an annoyed sigh and gave up.

He rested his head against Dream's chest and let out a hum of comfort. Dream carried him safely, the steady flow of his walk lulled George's breathing into a deep rhythm.

George's eyes drooped to a close as he fell asleep to the steady thump of Dream's heart.