Chapter 22- Satisfied

Jake's POV
"Did you just lock us in? HE JUST LOCKED US IN HERE!" I screamed.

Everybody started to panic and hold on to one another. Jenner started talking to one of the monitors, I didn't pay attention to what he said.

"It's okay, we'll get out of here." I told Amy.

"What's the point?" She asked.

"For Tommy to have a chance, for all of us to start over."

"Just so he can see everyone he cares about get torn up? For him to be eaten alive?"

"That won't happen, I'll always protect you, no matter what."

"Sure." She rolled her eyes.

"You son of a bitch!" Daryl yelled at Jenner. "You locked us in here!" He raised his whiskey bottle and grabbed a hold of his shirt, ready to bask his face with the glass bottle.

"Daryl!" I tried to hold him back.

"Jenner, open that door,now!" Rick yelled.

"There's no point, topside is locked down, emergency exits are sealed." He told us.

"Fuck." I muttered.

"Well open the damn thing." Dale intervened.

"That's not something I control, the computers do. I told you, once that front door closes, it wouldn't open again, you heard me say that. It's better this way." Jenner said.

"What way?!" I questioned him, but he ignored.

"What happens in twenty-eight minutes?" Rick asked as Shane pushed him away from getting closer to Jenner. "What happens?!"

"You know what this place is! We protected the public from very nasty stuff! Weaponized small pox! Ebola stains that could wipe out half of the country! Stuff you don't want getting out, ever!" Jenner sat back down, calming himself. "In the event of a catastrophic power failure or a terrorist attack, for example, HIT's are deployed to prevent any organisms from getting out."

"HIT's?" I asked.

"Vi, define." Jenner said.

H.I.T.s - high-impulse thermobaric fuel-air explosive consists of a two-stage aerosol ignition which produces a blast wave of significantly greater power and duration than any other known explosive except nuclear. The vacuum-pressure effect ignites the oxygen between 5,000 and 6,000 degrees and is used when the greatest loss of life and damage to structures is desired.

"Sets the air on fire. No pain. An end tk sorrow,grief, regret. Everything." Jenner said.

I was at a loss for words. I couldn't even think straight. We were going to die and we couldn't do anything about it. My legs picked myself up as I walked towards Amy, Tommy, and Andrea and just stood there, hugging each other.

"Daddy, what's wrong?" Jake asked me.

"Nothing's wrong, buddy." I smiled at him, rubbing his head.

Daryl was pissed, and you could tell. He ran up to one of the shutters and threw the whiskey bottle at it.

Shane followed shortly after him. "Outta my way!" He told everyone in his way as he ran next to Daryl with two axes. He threw one to Daryl and they started beating the shutter repeatedly.

"You should leave it alone, it would be easier." He said.

"Easier for who?" Lori asked.

"All of you. You know what's out there. A short, brutal life and an agonizing death." He turned to Amy and I. "Your daughter, what was her name?"