Chapter 7- Day

Jake's POV
We were almost all done packing when something grasped my attention: Ed was really struggling. He kept huffing and puffing and grabbing his right side. Then I noticed the blood.

"ED! WHY ARE YOU BLEEDING?!" I yelled at him.

"Huh? Oh, nothing."

"Don't lie to me, Ed," I exclaimed "Tell me why you're fucking bleeding. Don't make me do anything stupid."

"You won't do nothing."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah!"

Carol could see the rage in my eyes. "Ed! Please stop,"

That wasn't enough for Ed, "I bet you can't even protect your own family. Sooner or later, they'll be dead too, just another infected person, and it'll be all your fault."

"Ed! Please!"

"Carol! Shut up or you'll regret it later!"

"Please, honey."

*CRACK* Ed slapped Carol across the face.

All of that put together pushed me past my breaking point. I flipped out on Ed and kept punching him. I finally let up with him still breathing. I might've actually killed him if Amy, Carol, and little Sophia didn't pull me off of him.

It was finally night time, there was no chance I was going to risk Carol and Sophia's life during the journey, them trapped in a car with a potential threat. He was an asshole who didn't deserve his family. Lord knows what he must've done to Sophia.

Ed finally passed a few hours after dusk. He had an extreme fever and it looked as if he was in an immense amount of pain, my beating him probably didn't help, I didn't really feel bad, he underestimated me WAY too much.

Carol wanted to be the one to "kill" the brain, so I dragged him to another room so Sophia and Tommy wouldn't see. I almost closed the door when I heard a small gasp escape Carol's lips.