Chapter 29

Warning: Mature content ahead.

Also another long chapter.

--

It's now 2pm and I'm lying in Kieran's bed with him glued to my side. He's refused to leave me alone since my mom left two hours ago. I don't even know how to begin to process the soap opera that my life has now become. It seems unreal.

Kieran's fingertips run along my hair in a relaxing pattern, and I sigh, content being with him during all of this. I don't know what I would do if he weren't here. His phone beeps with a text message and he checks it briefly, setting it back down on the bed next to him. He breaks the silence after a few moments.

"We were supposed to be leaving in a couple hours to go back to school. What do you want to do?"

"I don't know. I'm not finished talking to my mom, that's all I know. But I'm not sure if I can handle any more right now."

"Well, she did text me a little bit ago and said she wrote the rest of what she wanted to say in a note. Just in case that would be easier. She left it in the mailbox a few minutes ago."

That's probably for the best. I can't face her right now and I really need to see Stacey. I almost want to ask for an emergency session but don't want to pay the extra fee. Well, turns out my dad could probably afford it so maybe I should. I scoff and Kieran notices. I shake my head, "Don't ask."

--

We make it back to school around 5pm. Kieran stops in the parking lot of my building and puts the car in park. Silence surrounds us until I speak up.

"Stay with me?"

Relief floods his features. "Yes, please."

We walk into the apartment, and I read a note that's on the counter. Alice isn't going to be home tonight; she's staying at Tina's house for the night. I show the note to Kieran. He nods in acknowledgement, kicking off his shoes and heading towards my room with the bags.

I trudge over to the fridge and bring out two flavored waters for us to drink and follow Kieran to my room. He's unpacking my bag, putting the dirty laundry in the basket, and trying his best to make everything as organized as possible. He's currently trying to decide what to do with my clean bra that's in the bag. One hand is in his hair and the other holding the bra. I smile at how adorable he looks.

"I wanted to get this done before you got in here, but I don't know how comfortable you are with me touching your stuff. I also don't know how you like this organized and I wanted to lower your anxiety as much as possible. I'm sorry if I made it worse. Just tell me to fuck off if you want," he continues to ramble until I step to him and give him a kiss.

The kiss is filled with my feelings towards him, the caring and appreciative feelings, not the sensual ones. This kiss is thanking him for his kindness.

"You're so cute, I swear." I grin widely, and I can't believe I'm smiling at a time like this, but I guess this is what he does to me. "I appreciate you trying. Let me help you." I set down the waters on my desk and show Kieran how I put my things away. He follows me, taking in everything I tell him, like he's trying to remember it for next time. Next time. I feel giddy at the thought.

We finish and make our way to my bed, me bringing the waters with us. We sit down on the edge, and I cross my legs, my leggings allowing me to do so easily. Kieran's eyes follow my movements, his hand making its way to my thigh. He squeezes and I feel the touch in my entire body. I think about how I look right now, my messy bun, grey leggings, and large crème colored sweater. Definitely sexy.