Chapter 10

An excited gasp escapes my lips as Kieran tackles me on the couch and slides me beneath his body, my arms once again above my head. His hot breath hits my lips as he admires my face.

I return the favor by appreciating his, noting how hard his body feels above mine. I've never been one to be into super muscular men, but he is the perfect balance. I can just imagine what he looks like underneath his black shirt and dark jeans. I think I start to drool a little but get distracted when Kieran chuckles.

"Are you fantasizing about me, Gem?"

I meet his gaze and smirk, confidence building inside of me. "Yeah. What are you going to do about it?"

"I have a few ideas." He puts his weight on his knees that are on either side of me. My wrists are set free but when I try to move them, he shakes his head. I whimper and leave my arms where they were. I'm not mad for long though. He lifts his shirt above his head in typical guy fashion, from the back of his neck and over.

Kieran's chest is just like I imagined. My eyes take in everything they can, his slightly tanned skin and his faint ripples. All I want to do is run my hands over him, but he won't let me and it's driving me wild.

I grumble in objection while Kieran shifts farther away from me, parting my legs so they curve around his waist. It is the perfect position for me to take control, as much as I know he won't like it. I pull my legs around Kieran, causing him to land on top of me, one of his arms catching his body before he completely crushes me.

I wink at him and say, "I do what I want."

Kieran breathes heavily above me, his lips inching closer to mine. "So do I."

His mouth attaches itself to mine, matching the intensity we've created in the room. Kieran's lips are soft and inviting, but aggressive and passionate at the same time. It is pure bliss. Shockwaves ignite all the way down to my toes. His tongue begins tracing my bottom lip and I allow him entrance. He tastes of vodka and coke, a combination that isn't typically appealing to me but is incredible now. I moan into his mouth, causing a vibration between us.

Kieran removes his one hand from my wrists and brings it to my left thigh that is against the couch. My shorts have ridden up excessively due to our position, so he is dangerously close to my ass. I wriggle to get him to touch me more and he gets the hint. Kieran's hand squeezes my thigh and I rub against his front in approval. This causes a moan to come from him, producing wetness in between my legs.

His hand moves further and traces the lace underneath my shorts, following it towards the inside of my thigh. A sigh of content leaves my lips, our lust-filled eyes meeting.

A thumping noise followed by a quiet "shit" stops us cold.

Alice had dropped something in the hall, I'm guessing while she was on her way to the bathroom. I know she had a feeling what was happening in the living room, so she doesn't say anything else. I hear the door shut and then focus on my heavy breathing.

I look up a Kieran, whose face has turned red enough to match my own.

"Fuck, Gem. I didn't want to do this with you." Kieran brushes his hair away from his forehead, leaning back and unwrapping me from around his waist. He starts to put his shirt back on until I jump off the couch.

"Wait. What do you mean? I thought this was good. Did I do something wrong?" I sound like a desperate teenager, but I don't care right now. That moment we just shared was fucking insane and now he's saying he didn't want it. I still can't catch my breath.

"God, no. It was fucking phenomenal. I just didn't want this to happen...yet. I guess."

I begin to smooth out my clothes as I realize my tank top and shorts are lopsided on my body.

"Kieran, you make no sense. I know you said you'd talk about it when you're ready and that's fine. I just can't do this. You've made me horny as hell and if you can't finish it, then please leave." I cross my arms. I know I'm being unfair, but a girl has needs and he is not meeting them.

"Gem, I-" he begins, trying to reach for me, but I cut him off.

"No. We can talk tomorrow, okay? You work tomorrow, right? Let's get coffee after. We'll both have a clear head and I'll have my needs met, no thanks to you, but either way. I'll be able to have a better conversation then, I'm sure. You'll be sober. I'm guessing we can handle ourselves in public at a coffee shop. Do you agree?"

I'm rambling at this point, but I just want to get my point across and have him leave. I am so hot and bothered it is damn embarrassing and my nightstand is calling my name.

Kieran is staring at me, a defeated look on his face. He's gotten his shirt and shoes on already but is waiting to put on his jacket.

"I agree. I think. I didn't want this to go this way, Gem. You have to believe me."

"I do. I just need a little bit, okay?" I walk to the door and open it a crack. "I'll see you tomorrow morning. Can you text me when you get home so I know you made it okay?"

Kieran follows me and steps outside the door, shrugging on his jacket. He nods and starts to walk away but stops short. He turns back and hugs me. The hug is so unexpected that I don't have a chance to bring my arms around him. Kieran's squeeze is tight, and I can feel his breath shake as he lets me go. I don't get a chance to see his face afterwards, but I have a feeling if I had, I would have seen tears.

---

"Fuck, Gemma. You made the guy cry?"

Alice is walking with me in the morning to the tech office before my shift. She decided she wanted to hear the 'dirty details' from last night so she could continue to 'live vicariously through me'. I doubt she wants to hear about the fun I had by myself after he left.

Either way, I still don't understand why the tech office is open for a measly three hours on Sundays. Seems like a colossal waste of time to me and it usually is. I typically do homework, so I guess it isn't totally useless to me.

"I told you, I don't know if he was actually crying. His breath was just shaky, and he didn't look at me when he left. He at least texted me when he got home, but all it said was 'home'. No emojis, no apology, nothing else. I don't get this guy. Hopefully, he'll tell me more later, but no promises. He said it himself that he wasn't ready."

"Is Mr. Mysterious worth all of this? I don't want you getting anxiety over him. God knows you already have enough." Alice snorts at her joke.

I stick my tongue out at her. In her defense, she isn't wrong. My main purpose in life before Kieran was to work and make it through school. I'm supposed to graduate, and then go to grad school to become a therapist. My focus needs to remain on that goal. If my dad has taught me anything, it's that.

"Honestly, I think he could be. But my dad's voice is in the back of my head telling me to worry about work and school. Work and school. That's it. It's hard to stop since that's all I've been hearing since what feels like the beginning of time."

Alice nods, taking in the information. "I think you need to do what's best for you, Gemma. Your dad has constantly told you what to do and you've never really done what you want."

"I picked my own major. I'm doing what I want with my future."

"To a degree, yes. Excuse the pun. I am so proud that you did that, but there is more to life than school and work, despite what your dad says. You need to live your life."

We make it to the tech building and Alice hugs me to say goodbye.

"You're right. Thanks, Alice. I'll try but it's hard to hear myself over my dad a lot of the time. I'll see you after my rendezvous this afternoon."

Alice laughs and waves, walking away. "Of course, I'm right. Good luck on your date."

"It's not a date!" I yell, opening the door and entering the building. Or is it?