Chapter 18

He's still here, just like he said he would be. I wake with him spooning me and I grin when I feel him kiss my neck.

"Good morning, gorgeous."

I turn slightly and then quickly place my palm over my mouth. Kieran sends me a look and I shake my head, mumbling, "morning breath". I struggle to get out of bed, his arms not letting me go.

"I don't care about morning breath, get over here. I want snuggles!" He whines to me. Crazy how he goes from dirty talk to whining in just a few hours.

I start to laugh but continue to fight against him. "I care. Morning breath is gross. I promise I'll come back once I brush my teeth."

Kieran sighs in defeat, finally giving up. I rush to put on one of my oversized sweatshirts and some panties to cover my naked body before exiting the room and making my way to the bathroom. I make sure to check that Alice's door is shut before I enter the bathroom and begin brushing my teeth. The last thing I need is Alice asking questions this early in the morning while Kieran is in my bed.

After rinsing with mouthwash and using the toilet, I wash my hands and sneak back into my room to find Kieran still laying down.

"Finally. I've been lost in this bed without you." He gives me a pout and I giggle.

"I'm back, quit your crying." I pounce onto my queen-sized bed, landing next to him. This isn't close enough apparently because he snatches me so I'm sitting on his waist, my legs on either side of him. I'm a little upset that he put his boxer briefs back on.

"This is a compromising position, Mr. Mysterious. No funny business is allowed this early in the morning." I wiggle my finger at him, his eyes following it with a glare.

"It's always time for funny business, but I'll listen for now," he laughs. "I just want you closer to me and I'm not going to apologize for it."

I smile at him and wriggle a little, making sure my weight isn't fully on him.

"Stop. You're not crushing me," he chides. "In fact, lay on me more please." Kieran pulls my arms across his body so I'm now lying on his chest. I groan, trying to fix this situation so my body weight isn't on him.

"Kieran, I'm going to hurt you!"

"No, you're not. Stop fighting me. I promise I'm okay."

I halt my movements, realizing I'm probably making it worse by moving so much. I sigh and grunt in response.

"There you go. Much better."

I hear the smile in his voice, and I can't help by roll my eyes, causing him to lightly tap my ass. This guy, I swear. He's being so clingy and flirty right now, and I'm enjoying it. We lie there for a few moments while I start to overthink.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I hear him whisper into my hair. He's stroking my curly locks again and I almost moan because of how good it feels.

"Where were you the last couple of weeks?"

I hear his heart begin to speed up and I place my palm on it before speaking again. "I know you telling me about Jillian was hard, and I'm trying to be understanding. I just want to know you and I want to know you aren't going to keep disappearing on me."

He continues to touch my hair and rub circles on my thigh. It seems like he wants to touch me constantly and I'm not complaining.

"I'm scared, Gemma. I'm really scared to get close to anyone after what happened to Jillian. I can feel myself wanting to get attached to you and it's honestly freaking me out. Whenever I see you, I'm so happy and I haven't let myself feel that emotion in such a long time.