i can see you clearly through the smoke filled air

Louis listened to the soft drum beat that began the song as he slowly let the smoke fall through his lips. He knew deep down that it was slowly killing him but none of it mattered right now as he was looking across the terrace at Harry in the sunlight of the morning.

'9:00 in the morning
a man drops his kids off at school
and he's thinking of you
like all of us do
send his assistant for coffee in the afternoon
around 1:32
like he knows what to do'

By this point, Louis noticed that the song was very obviously not about a 'she', but a 'he'...and that 'he' was most definitely Louis. It was actually a really smooth song in Louis' opinion. It was very chill and relaxed. He had also noticed that the man in question had kids and sent his assistant for coffee at 1:32 which were both details of a category that Louis could fit into perfectly. He watched Harry curiously as he pulled the steadily shrinking cigarette back up to his mouth again. He noticed that Harry was watching him as well and it resulted in them holding intense eye contact through the thin film of smoke in the air as the song continued.

'she, she
she lives in daydreams with me
she
she's the first one that i see
and i don't know why
i don't know who she is
she, she'

Louis was confused by the chorus at first but then after thinking about it, he decided that he might know the meaning. Maybe it meant that even though every time he closed his eyes he saw himself with a woman and every time he placed himself in his future he was with the same unknown woman, he still found himself thinking in great detail about a man instead...Louis had gone through this as well before they first started dating. He had always tried to force himself to be with women because that was what he saw realistically but then all of a sudden Harry popped up and stole all of his thoughts.

Louis had also noticed that after the verse, it sounded like there were some lyrics that were put in reverse. He looked over at Harry's phone screen which was now sitting on the table of the terrace, and he noticed that the time stamp was 1:32...clever, he thought to himself with a smirk on his face.

'he takes a boat out
imagines just sailing away
and not telling his mates
he wouldn't know what to say
she, she
she lives in daydreams with me
she
she's the first one that i see
and i don't know why
i don't know who she is
she, she'

Louis had always thought that no one could tell when he was being distant or separated from the group, but he learned that he was wrong. He always just remembered the interview on the day that Harry and Taylor had been released to the public. He had never been a more dramatic combination of angry, hurt, and confused at the same time before that day and he thought it wasn't obvious but clearly he was wrong. Liam had, of course, noticed that something was wrong straight away and was constantly giving Louis reassuring touches on the shoulder and comforting signals for the whole interview. He knew he could never hide anything from Liam but he still didn't expect the entire fan base to be able to tell in a split second that something was wrong. He just wears his heart on his sleeve...literally.

'she, she
she lives in daydreams with me
she
she's the first one that i see
and i don't know why
i don't know who she is
she, she
lives for the memory
a woman who's just in his head
and she sleeps in his bed
while he plays pretend
so pretend'

Sooo...Harry had basically just said to the whole world that Louis was only pretending to be into the girl that was in his bed. I mean, it was true but something about it still seemed so weird to Louis to hear out loud. After being forced to hide for so many years, it never occurred to him that he would be able to have the real thing...he thought he would always have to pretend. And apparently Harry had noticed this about him. What else could Louis expect? When you love someone, you do everything you can to know every little thing about them.