way too bright

No POV anymore. Just both of them😊
The sun shown through the window of Louis' bedroom this morning just the same as it had a week ago, only this time it was different. It wasn't lonely. It was warm. Louis and Harry were asleep, facing each other, entangled in a tight hug. It was as though even in their sleep, they were both terrified to let go. A bird sang a beautiful song outside the window and Louis slowly opened his eyes. He thought that bird sounded like his mom. Why is it that all the birds sound like his mom when he's thinking of Harry? He looked down in front of him at the beautiful creature he held in his arms. His arms. He, Louis, was holding Harry close to him again. Louis thought he was dreaming for a second until Harry opened his eyes hesitantly, squinting in the light.

"Are you okay, love?" Louis asked in a soft whisper.

"I just can't look at you for too long in the morning...You're way too bright for me." He replied with a soft glow in his eyes and a loving smile on his lips.

"Just close your eyes then , love." And as Louis watched Harry flutter his eyes shut, he leaned in ever so slightly to press a gentle kiss onto Harry's lips. At the feeling of Louis on his lips again, Harry pushed forward gently and wrapped his arms even tighter around Louis, even though they were already impossibly close. Louis hummed softly as they broke away from each other, still not leaving the others tight grip.

"Your voice is so beautiful in the morning Lou...well actually it's beautiful all the time now that I think about it. I don't know why I could never pluck up the courage to listen to what you wrote..." Harry said these last words with a hint of regret in his voice.

"I never brought myself to listen to yours either. But isn't this better? We can do it together now." Louis finished with a smile as he took his right arm from on top of Harry's side and found the hand of Harry's left arm, wrapping their fingers together tightly at their chests.

"Do you want me to tell you something?" Louis asked softly to the man in front of him.

"Of course Lou, I want to hear everything."

"Every morning for the last 6 years, I've woken up just before the sunrise, and laid here watching, thinking of you. Every single morning I would lay here and trace over my rope to connect the ends, thinking of you." Louis said gently his gaze not leaving their hands, which were now pressed together, joining the images of their tattoos.

"I know what you mean." Harry started slowly. "I never realized how lonely my tattoos looked on their own until the first time I woke up without you."

"This is getting sad now love," Louis said with a slight giggle in his voice, smiling widely into the emerald eyes just before his own blue ones.

"Want to listen to some music?" Harry asked with a wide smile. "I'll go first!"

Louis watched fondly as Harry reached over to the table of the left side of the bed and grabbed his phone, unlocking it, and going into the voice memos.

"Should I just go in order through all the ones that are about you then Lou?" Harry asked sweetly, now laying on his back and gazing sideways at Louis.

"Sure love. But don't judge me if I start to cry." He said laughing.

"Don't worry. I cried too." Harry responded with a smile to Louis before he turned back to his phone and opened the folder entitled 'HS1' and pressed the file labeled 'meet me in the hallway'.
———————————————————————————
A/N
I think i'm going to extend the story for quite a bit longer and have them show each other a bunch of their songs. I'll probably have them each show one song per chapter, so most chapters will have two songs!🥰🥰

ALSO WE ARE ALMOST AT 100 READS??!!!
thank you all so much!!🥺🥺🥰🥰