locking eyes

Louis
The entire time Louis was singing he had been subconsciously scanning the crowd for a pair of deep emerald eyes that he had been longing to see for years. He had made eye contact with the love of his life. And Harry smiled. He told himself not to cry but it obviously hadn't worked since he had tears falling down his cheeks at this point.

He still couldn't believe that he had plucked up the courage to say what he had written in his folder in front of thousands of people, one of those people being the person he had written about. There could be no question now that Harry knew Louis was singing to him about their relationship. He just wondered what Harry was going to do now...Louis had essentially made the first move.

He stopped abruptly when he reached his table again and a sad smile etched across his face as he locked eyes with Liam who was seated next to Louis' chair.

"That was beautiful, I am so proud of you."

Louis started to cry even harder as he yanked Liam up out of his chair into a bone breaking hug. Ignoring the loud eruption of cheers that came from the fans suggesting that they had just figured out that they were looking at a reunion of 2/5 of One Direction, Louis said into Liams ear,

"What are you doing here? You said you couldn't come..."

"Well, I lied." Liam answered with a small smile on his face. "I couldn't miss your performance."

Louis squeezed him tighter before slowly releasing him and lowering them down to their seats. He couldn't be more grateful that Liam was there with him right now. He knew he was going to need a hand to hold when Harry was on stage. Liam leaned into Louis' ear and said,

"I can't believe you said that mate."

"Trust me...I can't either."
———————————————————————————
Harry
Harry's eyes had followed Louis the entire way back to his table from the stage. He had paused at the table instead of sitting down and he looked like he might burst into tears. Then he pulled up the man that was sitting there into a bone crushing hug and it all fell into place in Harry's head.

It was Liam.

He could see how much pain Louis was in. He had been on the receiving end of one of those hugs before. Louis used to come to him with everything and they would hug for hours, just holding each other. Harry thought to himself 'I guess that's Liams job now.' He had no idea that they were still so close. In fact they seemed even closer if that was possible. Liam had always been there when Louis needed him, and here he was again. Harry smiled fondly as he watched them slowly let go of each other and lower into their seats. He noticed that Liam never let go of Louis' hand, almost as if he was afraid that at any moment Louis might break. Harry knew that feeling as well.

Harry had zoned out for all of the awards that took place between when Louis had performed and now. He smiled and clapped politely when someone's name was called just in case a camera was pointed his way. He only snapped back to reality when Mitch tapped his leg to let him know that it was time for them to get up and head backstage.

Harry thought to himself for a moment before he leaned over to Mitch and decided to tell him what he was planning to do onstage...
———————————————————————————
Louis
Liam hadn't let go of his arm since they had sat down, and he wasn't gonna lie, he was glad he hadn't. Louis didn't know if he was going to be able to hold it together for the rest of the night. They had watched as each of the awards got announced and Louis figured out that the staff must have noticed that Liam Payne was there because the cameras were on them every 2 seconds it seemed...

Best New Artist had just been announced and Liam and Louis were clapping politely when the sound quieted down and a voice boomed over the sound system as the stage went black.

"Please welcome to the Brits stage...MR. HARRY STYLES!"
———————————————————————————
A/N
sorry for the cliffhanger lol🤩

soooo, have you figured out his plan yet?!🤔🤔