15. Fun at the Beach

Start from the beginning

"Nah, it's fine. I actually like it, Lou bear," I cooed jokingly, smirking when a light pink spread across his cheeks. He coughed and rolled his eyes, shoving me with his hip as he placed his ray bans over his eyes.

"Seriously? Lou bear?" He commented as we began walking, my arm still wrapped around him with him slightly leaning in towards me. Not that I noticed or anything... I just shrugged, placing my sunglasses over my own eyes as well. A silence fell over us then, but it wasn't uncomfortable. Well to me at least. I, in a way, sort of enjoyed it actually.

Ten minutes later we ended up at the beach, my mouth falling open at how beautiful it looked. It was an amazing sight in the first place, but thanks to my "enhanced" vision I saw everything more than crystal clear. I saw the way the sun's bright yellow rays reflected off of the sparkling blue water, making it ridiculously easy to see through. I saw the many different fish that swam around in the deeper parts without a care in the world; blues, yellows, reds, and oranges mixing together. It was almost as if the water were a canvas and the fish were the painting. It was absolutely gorgeous. Also, if I wanted to - which I don't - I could sit here all day and night counting each grain of sand, that's how clear it was to me.

"Amazing isn't it?" Louis spoke, nudging my side with his elbow and effectively snapping me out of my daze. I ripped my eyes away from the scene, looking at Louis who was grinning widely. I stared at his lips for a moment before trailing up and stopping when I reached his eyes, quickly losing myself in them as they twinkled brightly. I really don't understand what the use of sunglasses is for vampires since I can still see everything practically the same, just a shade or so darker.

"It really is," I breathed out, not daring to blink.

"I know," Louis whispered, his gaze not leaving mine. We stared at each for God knows how long before he looked away.

"We should find a spot," He suggested, clearing his throat and shaking his head slightly, almost as if he were trying to clear his mind of something.

"Ok," I replied dumbly, blinking multiple times. What just happened and why did I not want it to end?

"Here ok?" He asked a minute or so later, pointing to a spot where there weren't many people. I nodded my head and we placed our things down, spreading our towels out on the warm sand. I sat down on mine and rid myself of my top, enjoying the slight breeze. I looked up at Louis then, noticing that he was staring at me almost hungrily.

"What? Have I got something on me?" I questioned, lifting a hand up to my face and feeling around for something, but the smoothness of my skin was the only thing there. He shook his head, the tiniest sigh escaping his lips.

"No, no you don't."

"Oh."

He looked away then, his eyes fixing on the beautiful sea in front of us while I continued to stare at him intently. He crossed his arms and gripped at the sides of his shirt, slowly bringing the thin fabric over his head and revealing his perfectly toned chest. I licked my lips absentmindedly and quickly averted my eyes, finding a certain grain of sand suddenly very interesting.

"Well, I'm going for a swim. Care to join me?" I heard Louis ask. I looked up and noticed that he had moved a bit closer to me.

"Uh, s-sure," I stuttered, pretending to cough at the end to cover up my nervousness. Why am I suddenly so nervous? Its just Louis...

He nodded his head; a small frown appearing on his lips before he quickly replaced it with a smile, reaching out his left hand towards me. A grin made its way onto my face as I gladly accepted it. He lifted me up easily and we began making our way towards the water, me fully aware of his hand still holding on tightly to mine.