Chapter 6 | lunch date

Sasha drove us to niccole's restaurant and we got seated in a booth next to the kitchen.

Connie then approaches us.

Connie ? since when do you work here. 

Since I begged Sasha to ask niccole for a job.

Well, I'm happy for you. I say

wait wasn't you the busboy? Sasha says to Connie

Yeah about that Connie scratches the back of his neck. Niccole didn't like me eating everyone's leftovers off the plate. So he made me a waiter

What! That sucks, Sasha replies.

Yeah, anyway what can I get you guys.

Tell niccole I'm here he'll know exactly what I want. And y/n will have the same.

You won't regret it Sasha looks at me and winks.

Alright and all you guys need is drinks.

I'll have a coke. Sasha says

I'll just have an f/d.

It will be right out see you guys.

See you, Connie. Me and Sasha both wave bye.

Are you coming to that house warming party? I ask Sasha

Yeah! To be honest I'm just going for the snacks. Sasha said as she was stuffing her mouth with breadsticks. Are you going?

Yeah if Levi lets me get off early.

I'm pretty sure he will, if not I'll tell everyone hello for you.

Is this a good time to bring up that roommate thing she and jean were talking about I think to myself?

Hey Sasha. wha-

Sasha! There's my sweet potato 

Niccole! Sasha gets up rushing to him.

Niccole then grabs her by the waist and spins her to him.

Once Connie told me you were here I'd just had to see you.

He says then kisses her on the cheek.

Hey! y/n glad you can finally Make it here.

Hey niccole, I'm on my launch break, so it was perfect timing.

Well, I hope you enjoy the food here and Sasha. I will see you tonight. He kisses her on her forehead. I gotta get back in the kitchen. I'll see you guys later.

Isn't he the best? Sasha says coming back to sit down.

Yes, you guys are perfect for each other. I say

Connie then comes back giving us our food.

Here are two steak dinners with mashed potatoes on the side. and Sasha here is extra fries for you.

Oh wow this looks amazing I say

Right! It even tastes as good now let's dig in!. Sasha replies 

                                                                          ~Fast forward~

After me and Sasha are done eating we split the bill and head our way back to midnights.

It's now around 5 pm Sasha gets off in an hour. I make my way to Levi's office knocking on his door.

Come in.

I hear from the other side of the closed door.

I proceed to open the door.

l/n. Levi says as he looks at me, What you need.

I was just wondering if I can get off work early to go to this housewarming party.

Tch you? A party, what's the real reason.

That is the real reason it's for my new neighbor-

Levi then cuts me off

I don't need the details but I need you to close up so I can't let you off early.

What if I just go there to say hello and drop off some muffins and then come right back to close.

No.

Please it won't even be for 10 minutes.

No, and I won't say it again.

I know there was no convincing Levi. once he makes his mind up there's no changing it. So I just left it at that leaving his office.

I can't go, Levi needs me to lock up. I tell Sasha

What! No, I'm sorry.

It's okay, I told Sasha.  just tell everyone I said hi.

I will, I promise. 

                                                                            ~Fast forward~

It's now 6:30 pm Sasha already got off work and I'm still at midnights. It feels like time is going slow and the tiredness is just now hitting me all I wanna do is go home and sleep.

I'm pretty sad I didn't get to go to the housewarming party. I'll take some muffins before I get off work as a housewarming gift. The least I can do for not showing up. I don't know what kind he'll like so I'll just take one of each flavor.

2 more hours go by it's now 8 pm, Levi comes out of his office.

Alright, l/n. I need to go before my flight leaves at 9, don't forget to lock up I'll be gone for a couple of days so throw anything that needs to be thrown away or give it to Sasha, and here's a list of things I need you to do as I'm gone.

Okay, boss. I say trying to keep myself up. wait what I shake my head awake.

What do you mean by a list of things to do? Like a to-do list.

Yes is that a problem? Levi says backhanding me an envelope

No boss. I say taking the envelope and putting it in my apron.

See you in a couple of days l/n.

Levi then exits midnights with a duffel bag.

                                                                     ~fast forward~

It's getting time to close up so I start cleaning up and putting stuff away and packing stuff to give Sasha and Armin some muffins I got him 2 chocolate, 1 lemon, 1 pumpkin, 2 blueberry, and 3 chocolate chips. 9 muffins in total.

I hope this is a good gift I say to myself packing it into a box.

I finally finished closing up. I make my way out midnights carrying armin's muffins.

Reaching my apartment complex I make my way upstairs and reach Armin's apartment.

I gently knock on the door waiting for it to be answered.

Is he even up I ask myself maybe I should just come by tomorrow.

y/n, You made it.

I hear taking me away from my thoughts I look up seeing jean.