Except I didn't have anything to wear.

I glanced down at my dress again and frowned, "What am I going to do, Harls? I don't have a dress." I whined.

A lopsided smile appeared on Harley's face and I felt a knot for in my stomach.

What does she have up her sleeve?

"Why are you smiling at me like that? Stop smiling at me like that." I retorted, folding my arms across my chest.

"Like what? I'm not smiling like anything. But I do have a plan," She said while stroking her chin. "Are you ready for a little dress up?"

Oh, boy.

👻

Harley grabbed my wrist and tugged me down the hallway, towards a room that had remained untouched for over a year.

Dominic and Giselle's room.

Giselle was Harley and Jacob's mom. She passed away a few years ago and her death devastated the entire family and mafia. She had a large impact on everyone she graced with her presence. She was a special woman.

"Harley, why are we going into your parents' room?" I questioned her, pulling us to a stop. "Unless they kept some secret stash of fancy ball gowns, I don't understand why we're going in there."

Harley slowly turned to face me and pursed her lips, "Everyone knows my mom had a flare for the dramatic. She was the type to go to the grocery store decked out in House Of Aama." She giggled and grabbed me again, yanking me into the room.

"Okay? That still doesn't explain why we're in here?" I shivered as I stepped into Dominic and Giselle's bedroom. An eerie feeling came over me as I stood in the center of the bedroom, looking around. The curtains were drawn and everything remained relatively untouched since Dominic's death.

No one ever came in here. Except the maid once or twice a month when it was time to dust. I felt like I was standing in a sanctuary dedicated to Dominic and Giselle, traces of them covering every inch of the room.

"God, you're so awkward, Vi." Harley chuckled.

I shrugged, "Sorry. It just feels a little weird being in here," I murmured. "Are you okay?"

Harley nodded, "I'm fine, Vi. I come in here often, usually at night when everyone is sleeping. It's kind of like my personal, private time to connect with them, you know?"

I had no idea Harley still came in here. I always thought it made her uncomfortable.

"That's sweet, Harls." I smiled.

"Thanks. Now, let's not turn this beautiful day into a rainy one. Come on, let me show you this!" She chirped. Honestly, Harley was usually chipper, but I could tell that she was happier than normal today.

I followed close behind Harley as she led me into Giselle's massive walk-in closet. I almost forgot how big it was.

Harley turned on the lights, "Over here," She walked me over to the back of the closet and crouched down, pulling out a humongous, black, wooden chest. There was a golden clasp on it, which she opened with ease. Once she lifted the top off the chest, I felt my breath hitch in my throat. "Behold. Giselle Santiago's secret stash of fancy ball gowns." She mocked me.