Chapter 25: Something's wrong

Start from the beginning

"Look who's here," he said while standing up from his chair.

"Just came to thank you for the other day-" I was saying when someone cut me off.

"I hope you guys are good now," a voice from behind said.

I turned around to find Jisoo with a cup of coffee.

"Yeah. We are good." I replied.

Suho hyung and I talked about some stuff for sometime. I was about to leave the hospital when I found a familiar figure with her back towards my side checking vitals of a patient.

After checking and jotting something on patient's file, she went to the next patient who was no more than a five year old I assume. I can't get over the fact how professional my wife looks while treating patients. That's how we first met.

She checked the kid and he was giggling every time she put her steth on his chest. I found myself smiling at the scene when again a voice interrupted my thoughts.

"She's the most loved doctor when it come to kids," Someone said from behind and I turned around to find Jisoo still drinking her coffee.

"Can you not always talk from behind? And don't you have work to do? Go help her, she'll exhaust herself." I whined earning a smirk from her.

"I'm glad that you guys are good now but why is she so tensed these days?" she said still her gaze fixed on Rosé.

I was about to ask her that what she meant by Rosé being tensed these days when a nurse came running and told her about a patient. She immediately excused herself and followed the nurse.

Again my gaze went to Rosé still talking with the kid and grinning at whatever the kid said. After watching their interaction for a few couple of minutes I left.

On my entire ride, I thought about what Jisoo said. What happened in the morning did tell me that she's hiding something. But what's making her tensed?

What can be possibly bothering her? I was still thinking in my head when I reached Ainsoft. As soon as I reached my office, I indulged myself in work not keeping track of the time.

Just as I was about to leave to pick my Rosie, Mr. Yoo reminded me of a sudden meeting. I went to Baekhyun's room since I knew Sehun would accompany me for the meeting. In Rosé words, 'workaholic'.

"Baek, I want you to pick Rosé up from the hospital or be my replacement at the meeting." I said sitting on the chair in his room.

"You know what my answer is," He replied while checking a few files, "Ms. Sowon I've signed them, you can check for the data in other files in the drawer." He said to his secretary and then turned to me, "I'll go pick her up now."

"Thanks." I said. He picked his car keys and threw an apple at me and left.

I called Rosé and she picked up my call on second ring,
"Hey how are you?" She asked.

"I'm good. How's the kid?"

"Which kid? Oh the one I was checking on when you decided to stare at me. Jisoo unnie told me. He's cool. He'll be discharged today." She replied in rather cheerful voice and then she told me how mischievous that kid is. She kept on talking and talking about her paediatric patients till she heard Mr. Yoo from behind telling me it's time for meeting.

"I have to go. By the way I called to tell you that Baek will pick you up," I told her before hanging up.

After hanging up, I kept on thinking how happy Rosé felt while talking about a kid. How excited will she be around her kids. I found myself smiling. But my smile didn't last longer since Mr. Workaholic decided to bring me out of my trance,
"Hyung, you can smile later, we have a meeting to attend."

The meeting took longer than expected as I came back to the room, I turned on my phone to find seven missed calls from Rosé. I called her back but she didn't pick up. Something didn't feel right.

I called Baekhyun.
"Baek is Rosé with you?" I asked him

"No, I dropped her off awhile ago. She didn't sound good. Is everything alright?" He asked.

"Yeah. Everything is fine." I replied taking my car keys and running to the parking lot. I drove as fast as I could to our home.

Just as I entered home it was so dark, I turned on the lights. Just as the lights turned on my heart sank to the floor to find Rosé sobbing on the floor.

After seeing me, she started to cry harder and then suddenly she ran to our terrace. Not knowing of the situation I ran towards her and folded her in a back hug.

"I don't know what it is. But it's all going to be alright." I said comforting her.

___
(A/N: Took me so long to update. I didn't feel confident while uploading this. I still hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.
Thanks for your mindful comments. I'll try to comeback with a better chapter soon.)