13

"Gigi..."

Gianna moans in protest, her eyes fluttering open before cringing against a bright blinding light. "Gigi!" She hears someone call her again. She raises her head up from its uncomfortable position and looks over to where whomever was calling her, her eyes now meeting Roman's.

"Rome...?" She moans but just as she does, the door in front of them opens, letting more natural sunlight in as the man of her nightmares, Manny, walks in with a group of men, their guns now trained on her, Alex and Roman. She looks around and notices that they're at some sort of large warehouse.

"Good morning! It's a good day for somebody to die isn't it?" Manny gloats as he gets near.

"Hopefully it's you," Roman mouths off, struggling against the tight ropes that hold them all down. Gianna was now conscious of how painful they were and she was sure that's what he wanted anyways. The more she tried to move, the more it hurt so eventually she just stopped.

Manny walks over to Roman and smirks. "Careful...I've been wasting my time for five days now looking for all of you," he says. "I'm not in a particularly forgiving mood."

He then looks over at Gianna, making her heart drop. "There's my favorite girl," he smiles wickedly. She heart beat quickens as she looks away from him from he grips her chin and forces her to look up at him. "Did you miss me?" He asks, his hand now trialing down her neck. "Because I've missed you my little money maker," he coos. "Didn't you hear? I️ made twenty million dollars off you," he now traces her lips with his thumb. "So you know what that means? It means you don't die today," he fake cheers. "Because I️ have different plans for you. You now belong to a cartel boss in Bolivia, yay!"

Gianna bites his finger out of spite, making him cry out and pull back. "Ow! Bitch!" He shouts before slapping her across the face, making her scream as the force made her fall backwards in her chair.

"Gianna!" Roman cried out. The impact knocked the breath right out of her lungs, making her coughing and cry at the same time. Manny didn't help her up, instead looking down at her in disgust while he moved on to Alex.

"And you," he looks down at him. "You're just like your aunt. She wasn't cut out for this life either, and just like her, she betrayed me too," he speaks. "You disappoint me. You're a waste of a son."

"I️ don't care," Alex dares to talk back. "I'm so glad I'm nothing like you. I️ disappoint you? Good! Because I️'m ashamed to be related to you, just like Tia Marina is-" before he could finish, Manny punches him in the face, making him fall over too.

"Alright, untie them, get them up. We have a meeting to get to," Manny orders as he walks out. They were all quickly untied, except for their hands and had a bag thrown over their heads as they were escorted to the back of the van where they were haphazardly thrown in.

Gianna shook her head trying to get the bag off her face but it was useless. So she tried to look through it and that was also futile. "Alex?" She called out.

"Hmmm?" He groaned out.

"You okay?" She asked.

"Just wonderful," he droned out.

Since his voice came from her left, she figured Roman was on her right. "Rome?" She whispered.

"Yeah?" He whispered back.