1- 'Sorry!'

Morgana's POV
A new school, this is fine. I mean I'll probably be singled out for being a "goth" girl. Just because I have dark makeup, wear black, and sport a nice resting bitch face doesn't mean that I'm well... mean. I can be nice. If I want to of course. Half the time I don't really want to. I mean I have a hotheaded brother who's far too sweet for his own good. Someone has to be the rude Pendragon. But pushing that aside, I'm lost. Very lost. That's another bad thing about new schools. You never know shit and you're always lost. I need to find D117 but I somehow ended up by A112? How did I even do that? I look down at the map I was given when I got my schedule as I kept walking. How did I even get here? I swear I was by C110...
Before I could continue to wonder around out of pure confusion someone had bumped into me. It wasn't like the tiny push in a crowded street or hallway. It was like a full blown bowling ball knocking over a pin. Literally. My books are now scattered on the floor... and I don't know where my map went. Fantastic. My rbf somehow manages to deepen as I start gathering my things before a soft, almost angelic voice fills my ears.
"Oh gosh! I am so, so, so sorry," A small slim looking brunette sputtered out helping gather my books, "I should've been paying more attention, I'm sorry."
She's pretty. She has stunning bright blue eyes even if they're filled with worry, and she seems quite soft spoken based on her cute pastel outfit. Even her notebook she set aside was lightly colored. She was tall and skinny. Suspiciously skinny if you ask me. But she seemed sweet, definitely too apologetic though. And she has a tiny scar on her eyebrow. I wonder how she acquired it.
"Yeah well, we're in high school. What more should you expect?" Thank god that came out normal. A little cold maybe, but normal.
"But I sent papers flying everywhere! Why aren't you mad or something?" She's clearly persistent.
"It's whatever." I dismiss again, gathering the last of my books.
"Well just know, I'm very, very, very sorry." She mutters handing me my books. Her eyes seemed to have lingered on my face before she awkwardly cleared her throat, "If there is anything I can do to like make it up to you or something just hit me up. Wait no that doesn't make sense. Just forget I said that."
I met out a breathy laugh. This chick really needs to get more confidence, "Alright, it's been forgotten."
"Fantastic." She breathed out, "I'm just gonna try again in a less awkward manner. You seen new, so if you need any help let me know. Yeah that one sounded normal."
"Actually, could you point me in the direction of D117? I'm not good at directions. Clearly since I'm in hallway A."
"Oh! I can actually walk you there, my next class is in D118!"
"Fantastic!"
***
Two classes later and I am now awkwardly standing in the middle of the cafeteria trying to decide where to sit. It's all about finding the right group. I could sit with the goths, I mean I'd fit in and all but I'm not that dark. There's the group of gays, but that's like all the damaged gathering together. And of course there's the cheerleaders and football players(they're far too straight for my liking), the matching band, and misfits maybe. I can't quite tell that group. There's some cheerleaders, geeks, gays, and other various groups. And the too apologetic girl is sitting with them. She doesn't seem to really be eating. Sure she has a tray but she's really just poking at her meal. She looked up from staring at her plate and we made eye contact. I'm not sure if I'm at a point I can look away, or if I have to wave or something. But as it turns out I didn't have to wait too long because she was smiling brightly–it's quite an adorable, bright, toothy smile. It suits her–waving me over. Me being the loner I am slowly walked over.
"Uh... hi." I say with a small wave, hand never leaving my tray.
"Would you like to sit with us? If you aren't going to eat with anyone else of course." She stumbled out. Still a little jumpy.
"Marley, we talked about this. More confidence when you talk to people." A darker toned women spoke. So her names Marley. Cute. "So try that again but be more self-assured."
"Right, more confidence. Got it." The brunette–Marley, nodded slightly, "Why don't you eat lunch with us?"
Now this is the part where I decide if I'm going to make friends and sit with them, or lie and say I was planning to eat with my brother. I glance up at the line to see him being his embarrassing self. I think I'll opt for the first option.
"Yeah, Okay." I sit next to her pulling on my resting face. I don't know if I can trust these people yet...
"So what's your name?" The same girl as before spoke up, "I'm Unique by the way."
"Morgana." I answer simply.
"That's a cool name!" Marley smiles enthusiastically.
"It's definitely something." A short blonde spoke next. She seems bitchy. I think we can be good friends, "I'm Kitty."
"Based on your outfit you the captain of the cheerleaders?" I ask, raising and eyebrow.
"We prefer Cheerios, but yes."
"Yeah I don't really care."
"I think we finally found another girl who can rival Kitty's sass." A boy spoke now. He has playboy vibes.
"And I can't?" Unique asks, slightly offended.
"I'm sure you can, I just do it better." I smirk.
"She's definitely approved." The same boy as before spoke.
"I think you're forgetting to do something Jake..." Marley trailed off quietly.
"Oh! I'm Jake Puckerman."
"Nice to meet you."
The others at the table introduced themselves. There was Artie Abrams, Tina Cohen-Chang, Sam Evans, Merlin, and Blane Anderson. Needless to say they're definitely an interesting group. Definitely some LGBTQIA+ students, some of the popular kids, and those who fall in between. I'm just curious as to how the group got together. It's mainly sophomores and seniors, but there are a few juniors mixed in. Their conversations are definitely interesting. At least the few I heard. Marley is still poking at her food. The others don't seem to notice. Or care it seems for Kitty.
     "Hey sis! Can I sit with you and your new friends?" You Just has to phrase it like that, didn't you Arthur. Definitely a mental facepalm moment.
     "Don't just call me sis." I cringe, "Besides it's not exactly up to me."
     "Of course you can sit with us!" Marley spoke, once again being an inviting little beam of light. I'm not complaining too much, I mean she does have quite a nice smile.
     "Great! I'm Arthur Pendragon. Nice to meet you." He sat on the other aide of Marley, extending his hand. He just has to one up me on the friendly department. Classic Arthur.
     "Oh wow. You're Marley but a dude." Sam spoke looking at him in awe.
     "I don't know who Marley is but thank you." Arthur spoke with his classic smile. He's definitely the reason I don't have a lot of friends.
     "I am." Marley waved tentatively.
     "Well it's fantastic to meet you!" He pulled out an even more charming smile. Of course. If you ask me he's really just a simple closet case and hasn't met the right guy.
     Everyone continued talking and eating–well most of us eating–and it was nice. Arthur took time to explain that we were half siblings. Made his usual joke about my sour personality. Apparently he felt the need to embarrass me as much as possible before the lunch bell rang. But his useless rambling actually did good for once. He somehow managed to discover they're all in the schools glee club. It's a little nerdy but it fits most of them.
    "Sectionals are actually coming up in a few weeks." Marley smiles. She had a nervous air about her though.
     "Yeah! Kitty has some awesome solos." Jake pitched in, Marley looked down almost immediately. She seems... sad maybe?
     "Is Kitty the only female soloist?" I ask. Marleys frown seemed to deepen...
     "Obviously. She's the only female voice that has enough power. Well Tina does as well But Kitty has the correct vocal rang." Artie informed just before the bell rang.
     Everyone disposed of there empty trays and went off to their classes. I jog slightly to catch up to Marley.
     "Did you try for one of the solos?" I ask coming up next to her.
     "What? Me? A solo? Don't be ridiculous." She quickly dismissed the thought.
     "You should've. I bet you would've gotten it."
      "You haven't even heard me sing. Besides I could never actually sing in front of so many people by myself. I can only sing ensemble parts."
      "Well regardless, I think you should try for a solo, I'm sure you'd guys crush your little showcase things."
     I speed off after that. I don't want her to argue more. I might not have heard her sing but she looked sad about the solo topic so I'm assuming she has some good vocal cords. She just needs to learn a bit of confidence, and I think I can help with that. At least a little.
                           ***
Marleys POV
      Morgana thinks I could actually solo? I met her today. After I clumsily bumped into her. It was a very embarrassing moment. I was strangely flustered after I saw her dark makeup and stylish clothes. Don't even get me started on her green eyes. Do I know why I'm describing her like I'd just bumped into my soulmate in a cheesy rom-com? No I do not. But the main point is, she thinks I can sing by myself. I've never had enough confidence to ever do something like that. I mean sure Unique is trying to help me. Bless her heart but it definitely isn't going to work. I have a constant problem with bullying. It's not a great time, more so when your main bully happens to eat lunch with you everyday. I'm slowly loosing my appetite the more comments she makes. The main reason I'm picked on is my mom. She's a lunch worker who's a little over weight. Kitty keeps saying I'm going to end up like that by the end of the year... I'm trying to eat less to prevent it. The bathroom has definitely become my new best friend. Maybe I'll listen to Morgana though. I guess I could try out for Sandy in the school musical. I at least know I won't have to go against Kitty. She doesn't have interest in musical theater. I walk up to the cork board and look at the pink sign up sheet. It was green last year. I obviously never auditioned, I had just helped out with the costumes. I bite the inside of my cheek and pull out a pencil. If I write it lightly I'll be able to erase it when I eventually change my mind. Screw it. I lightly wrote my name as neat as possible. I'll definitely be back.
                             ***
Morgana's POV
     I can definitely call myself a little creepy. I mean I didn't exactly mean to creep around Marley after I had said goodbye. I had originally got lost and had stumbled upon her again. And I might've just followed her.... I do feel a little bad at least. It looks like she's stopping at the cork board. She'd just signed up for something but I'm not sure what. I promise I was just going to walk by after she's left but apparently I'm more nosey than I had thought. I just had to know. Marley Rose was written neatly on a pink signup sheet. It's the yearly musical. Looks like they're doing Greece and it looks like she signed up for Sandy. That means lots of solos, which will eventually lead to more confidence. My happiness was short lived when I noticed how lightly it was written. I know a few things about getting out of things you sign up for. You write lightly so you can erase it later. I fish a black marker out of my bag and carefully trace over her name. I know it's technically wrong, but it's for her own good. Trust me on this. I quickly walk away from the tiny crime and go back to wandering the halls trying to find my class.
                            ***
Marleys POV
     I definitely regret signing up. I'm trying to push my way through the crowed halls the best I can. I HAVE to erase my name. I finally get to the bored and freeze. Someone wrote over my name in marker... you can erase marker!
     "You're auditioning for Sandy? You do know the stage ate 10 pounds right? I mean I'm sure in your case it will be more like 20." I hear Kitty's voice behind me. She right anyway. I'm not skinny enough for the leather outfit at the end. I'd be bursting at the seams.
     "I-uh yeah..." I of course could not find any confidence. "I thought I'd try."
     "Well you aren't gonna to get. You don't have enough confidence." She tsks grabbing the pen from my hand, "Besides I'm going out for Sandy."
     "I thought you didn't like musical theater..."
     "Well I decided to try something new. But if you want any chance at Sandy, I'd suggest dropping a few pounds. It'd be good for sectionals too." Kitty and her smug face walked away.
    I had a total of two bites of food at lunch. Suddenly I feel sick, and way too full. I quickly make my way to the bathroom, looking under stalls to make sure it was empty. Once I knew I was clear I do what I've been doing for months. Two digits up the pie hole and you look thinner. Starve yourself to prevent weight gain. It works and I'll keep doing it. I'll stop after sectionals.