Dealing with Gender Dysphoria

"Gender dysphoria is a term that describes a sense of unease that a person may have because of a mismatch between their biological sex and their gender identity." — NHS website

This can be felt on many levels, including hating your body, feeling uncomfortable, or just feeling disgusted by your own skin.

Dealing with it is hard, but these are a few tips to help:

1) Wear an outfit that makes you feel good

Maybe if you're a biological female, you can wear a more masculine outfit; if you're non-binary, you could wear an androgynous outfit; if you're a biological male, you could wear a more feminine outfit.

2) Binding

This is flattening your chest, and is commonly used by FtM or non-binary people. You should know all about this already...

3) Ask people to use the correct pronouns for you.

If you come out to a few people who will accept you, you can ask them to use the correct pronouns instead of the ones that you were assigned with at birth.

4) Packing

This is putting something down there to make it look like you have male genitals. Oh my gosh this is so awkward. ANYGAY— You can buy packers online, but sometimes you can just use a pair of rolled up socks.

5) Affirmations

"My body does not define my gender."
"This is who I am."
"No one else can change me."
"My gender is valid."

6) Wattpad

Spend time on wattpad! It seems like a lot of people are genuinely kind people, and a lot of them will know what you're going through. They give great advice and tips as well.

These are a few examples of amazing people who give amazing advice:

rose2violet
Spooky_scary_Sam
makeamericagayagain-

7) Keep yourself busy

Do things to take your mind off of the dysphoria. Do things you love. It can be writing, or acting, or singing, or drawing, or anything else, as long as it makes you feel good.

8) Eat

FOOD MAKES YOU HAPPY!!!

•••

I hope this chapter was useful. Feel free to leave more tips in the comments!!!