ponyboy ~ numb

"Hi, I just came by to say fuck you." I said, storming out. And yet again. Another boyfriend, another cheater. What is love?

   I storm out the Curtis's after seeing my - now - ex boyfriend make out with his science partner on the couch. Isn't that amazing.

   I was walking back to my house when I felt someone grab my wrist. They turned me around and of course it was Pony. "Ssshhhttt! I'm tired of hearing, 'please lemme explain!' 'it was a mistake!' 'i wasn't thinking!' 'please don't leave me!'" I said.

   He stood silent. "You know I gave you a really good chance. I gave you an amazing opportunity to be my boyfriend. You should've been grateful and I was really thinking you would've been there for me." I said. "Its either I'm a terrible person, or my taste in men are bed and mind as well just date women huh?" I said.

   He looks down, moving his foot around the pavement. "Look if you wanna be with her you can. Life will keep beating me up and I'm still strong enough to let you go. So, you can go continue your make out session with the girl you told me not to worry. I'm gonna go home." I said.

   "Y/n, I love you." He said. "No shit." I kept walking. "No I really meant it. And you have every right to be mad, I know. But I am really crazy about you. Even the boys are annoyed on how much I talk about you to them. You're my drug, cancer-stick, my addiction. I have no idea why I did that, I shouldn't have done that." He said. "Yeah you're crazy about me and yet you still chose to kiss her." I yelled.

   He was taken aback for a while after I yelled at him. "Look, I can't help it anymore. I've heard explanations, apologies, and I've gave too many chances. Well guess what? I'm done giving chances to anyone. Ya hear that Tulsa? I'm done giving chances!" I yelled for the whole block to hear. "Y/n, I can't live without you."

   "Oh they always say that and yet I fell for it. You just breathing without me, right there. With someone else." I said. "I've had enough. I'll see you in school. And if I hadn't made it obvious. Us..." I said pointing to me then him.

  "Never existed. Never did anything. Never kissed, hugged, talked like love birds. Nothing. We're done." I walk away. Not crying, not mad, not happy. No emotion. I was too numb.