[36] Rain [36]

Another day in the castle means another day with Dream until she leaves. The girl made her choice, going to the land of the snow with her friends. So Y/N is aiming to spend at least 5 hours a day with him.

"It's raining!" 

Y/N woke up about 10 minutes ago, the tapping of water surrounded her senses and is now looking outside into the humid world.

The girl always liked the rain, the cold wind that also came with it. To her, it is the most beautiful type of weather, also varying with different levels; like it could be calming with the slow patter, or it could be heavy and annoy Y/N with the loud noise.

The nightmare from a couple weeks ago came back to her, the one with the child and the man. This time she wasn't full freaking out, looking around to see if there was any thing triggering it or any similarities to her real life.

One thing that stuck out very vividly, which scared her slightly. Was that the man doing the deed, looked a lot like Schlatt.
Too much like Schlatt for her to be easy with herself, the exact same things happened. The voices saying not to block them out, they didn't sound like her usual voices either.

And now she was looking out the window at the delicate rain, the voice were in her head. Sounding like her father more then ever. And that scared her. Why is her father not wanting her to block him out? Is there something she doesn't know? And Schlatt's look-alike was trying to kill that girl. 

Maybe there were more to Schlatt that wasn't in the surface.
Time will tell

A knock was at her door, bringing her back to the real world. The water droplets on her window clustered together, travelling down the window as others recurred. In her mind she made little races, looking to see which ones will get to the bottom the fastest. The person behind the door knocked again, then the sound of the handle followed, like they were checking if it was locked.

"Come in" She called, looking outside into the garden. Wishing she was out there instead inside, having fun in the cold.
"Hey" Dream voice called behind her as the door opened.

Some part of her wanted to just jump out the window, be outside. But more of her wanted to realise why she was still getting that dream, and if her father wanted her to stop blocking him out, then what was her father trying to tell her.

".. You okay?" Y/N forgot Dream was even in the room, his iconic chuckle bringing her out the possible things and turning her head to him with a smile. He looked relived for something,

"Are you okay?" She asked, emphasising the you after seeing his features relax.

"You are normally crying when you don't answer me, just making sure" Dream smiled, walking to a space next to her as the girl looked back out the window to the cold. "You like the rain?"

Y/N hummed, the grass beyond the wall getting very wet with the drops. "I like how calming it is, something of it reminds me of you in a way" The girl just blurted, kind of regretting it after seeing the reflection of the boy next to her, his eyes widened with the small tint of a strawberry red on his cheeks.

He buffered slightly, struggling with a sentence making Y/N smile at his attempts. "You think I'm calming?" Dream finally said, a hint of eagerness embedded randomly.

"Mhm. Well, you always seem to have the power to calm me down, so." She trailed off, the flowers outside giving her a sense of happiness. Well, that's what she told herself. In reality it was just Dream being next to her,

The girl decided before she got to sleep that she would blame her happiness on anything other then the boy, to will make it easier to be away from him when the time comes.