On the other hand, a storm was going inside Karna that threatened to ruin everything. Subhadra wanted him and Duryodhan wanted Subhadra. He was sure of the alliance and it was important for him. Duryodhan might have done adharm to Pandavs, but he wasn't a really bad person or a monster. He was good to his family and friends. He treated his wife, Bhanumati with respect and loved his children. He wouldn't disrespect or mistreat Subhadra. But Subhadra herself didn't want him, did she?
Karna was sure Subhadra knew nothing about the alliance Balaram had promised Duryodhan. What would she do after knowing? More importantly what should he do?

What Subhadra said that day was indeed true. He was doing to Subhadra what he got from society. He couldn't refuse that Subhadra had made her place in his heart. But he was afraid to fail. Even if Subhadra accepted a hard life with smiles, would he be able to watch her suffer only because she chose him. And what if she started resenting him after a while.

Moreover he could never forget the still faces of Supriya and his son. He felt like he would betray them by accepting Subhadra. He felt, his feelings for Subhadra would hurt their souls. It was his carelessness that caused their early death. How could he forget his failures and enjoy his life after killing them? This guilt inside him wouldn't let him lead a contended life.

No. He couldn't. Subhadra would be better off without him. He had to end these feelings for Subhadra before they could be released.

After a few days, they left for Dwarka. Subhadra was surprised when she heard Karna was also coming with Yuvraj Duryodhan and Gandharraj. She wasn't sure why but felt relieved. Her relief was short-lived as Karna continued ignoring her more ferociously. He accompanied Yuvraj Duryodhan at all times and refused to even glance at her. Subhadra didn't know how much she could tolerate. Her heart was laying in pieces bleeding uncontrollably and Karna was nowhere to restore or relieve it.

"Maharathi Karna? You are here and I am looking for you everywhere." Krishna said from behind.

"Vasudev. Why are you looking for me?" Karna asked calmly. He was outside the Palace roaming around in the village. He wasn't even going to ask how he found him. Vasudev was a mystery in himself.

"Iss haati balak mein thori si buddhi bharne k liye. (To beat some sense into this stubborn boy.)" Krishna replied pointing at a boy who was beside him. The boy was Krishna and Satyabhama's son Bhanu.

"What happened?" Karna asked looking at the cute pout Bhanu was sporting.

"He wanted to learn Archery, so I made him a beautiful bow. He was very pleased and won't separate with it even in sleep. But some days before, the bow broke while practicing. Not only that Charudeshn (Krishna and Rukmini's son) got hurt accidentally. And now he has decided that he couldn't even take care of his bow, so he will be a very bad archer and doesn't want to learn Archery anymore. I tried to make him understand, it wasn't his fault and one wrong can't be the decider of his skills. But he is not ready to listen to anything." Krishna explained the situation to him.

"I find it difficult to believe that you are not able to make him understand. So, what do you expect from me?" Karna asked.

"Kya baat kar rahe hai aap Maharathi Karna! Mujhse toh bare bare samajhdar o ko samjhaya nehi jata. Yeh toh chota balak hai. Aur aap ko toh pata hi hoga, baal hat aur stree hat k aage bach pana asamvhab hai. (What are you talking about Maharathi Karna! I can't even convince elder intelligent people, he is only a little boy. And you must know, no can can stand against stubborn child or stubborn female.)" Krishna said gasping dramatically with wide eyes. Karna shook his head at his antics.

"Why don't you want to learn Archery anymore? If we get afraid of stumbling over, then we can't learn to walk. I also broke many bows, cut my fingers a few times, got hurt, but didn't stop practicing and now see, I'm a well-trained archer." Karna said to Bhanu kneeling before him.