I Know You Got A Man

Start from the beginning

"Melinda." It was a warning, a last chance. Snatching her arm away she stomped to the bar.

"I thought you left. I was going to be very disappointed." The sound of that voice, she turned around to face him.

"No no, I just went to the restroom." She spoke, not sure why she was explaining herself. Feeling mildly shy she picked her drink up.

"Well I'm ecstatic. You're the only reason I came." He admitted, she sputtered choking on her drink. He blinked worriedly patting her on the back as she coughed.

"Me?" She freaked, regaining control.

"Yes you Mellie. I thought it would have been nice to see the only person in this class that was a friend."

"If I'm being honest I wanted to see you too." She admitted, instantly regretting it as he smirked.

"Really?" His tone was light and teasing but she flushed. Fanning herself she downed the drink.

"Its so hot in here."

"I think it might just be you." He muttered, she hummed taking the comment at surface value.

"It is a bit stuffy in here. Care to take a walk with me?" He questioned, she blinked up at him and nodded without second thought.

He out stretched an arm as a gesture for her to walk. Moving through the crowd, she felt her soul leave her body as Derrick grabbed her by the waist. Effectively moving her out of the way from being knocked into. He scowled at the clumsy wildly dancing drunk. His hand rooted firmly as he directed her out. She was too damn tipsy for that little touch having her gushing. Or maybe he was just that damn fine tipsy or not. I gave myself a whole pep talk on how to be normal. Hyped myself a bit because a bitch was shaking in her boots. I had wished for this moment so I had to do something with it. Robert wasn't a thought in my mind.

"I'm jealous of these kids. Getting all of this." Melinda breathed out, he chuckled holding the door open. Leading her to the school courtyard. A new addition smack dab in the middle of the school. The ceiling all glass it reminded her of a fancy greenhouse. The night sky extra bright tonight.

"Woooooow." She drug out, stepping deeper in the vast space. His eyes trailed her body from behind. She had filled out, her ass having grown nicely. Not to mention these curves his eyes kept following.

"You did all this right?" She asked, genuinely in awe.

"Every last detail. Out of pocket too." He spoke, proud of giving back to the school that shaped him.

"You paid for this?! You cant be serious."

"Every penny. I knew this was something I wanted to do." He spoke, watching her admire the structure.

"I cant believe this. Wow Derrick this is amazing."

"Thank you." He muttered, a slight blush coming at her praise. As she looked around he couldn't help but to admire her instead. She was as beautiful as ever. So naturally beautiful too, effortless as it poured from her. It was why she had so many envious girls hating on her back then. His eyes zeroed in on the wedding ring his spirit deflating a bit.

"What made you want to do all this?"

"A dream come true. I set out to do a lot of things. My quest is far from over." He stated, his eyes unable to tear from her form. Definitely far from over.

"Its been so long since I've seen you." He mused, tucking his hands into his pocket.

"Definitely too long. How have you been?" She asked, finally feeling her brain thaw.