one

September 7th 2018

"Bye mija I love you be good" my momma shouted

"Bye momma thanks for the ride" I smiled back

I was nervous, you would be too. It's hard enough to move into the unknown, especially when your a teenager in high school. At this age everyone is so fucking judgemental.

The biggest advice I'd give someone going into high school is that you have to learn not to let others opinions on you affect you because every single person is going to have something to say but at the end of the day they aren't going to be in your life forever so learn to let things go.

I approached the front entrance and headed straight into the office.

Once there I was met with this short really pretty light skin girl. 

"Hi are you Vanessa?" this stranger questions.

"Yeah but just call me Nessa" I respond.

"Okay well I'm your sort of tour guide so let's start off grabbing your schedule, Oh I'm Lani by the way" she rambles.

I just smile and follow her to the receptionists desk.

"Hey Lani how you doing girl" this cute short black women speaks.

"I'm good Ms.Jones how've you been" she responds

"Oh you know the boys haven't been called in so, so far it's a good day." she chuckles.

"The boys?" I question as we walk into the hallway leading towards our first class we happen to share.

"Yeah there is this pretty big rivalry at our school between our football boys and basketball. Most of them can't stand each other and fights constantly break out but they all are actually really cool people they've just adapted this hatred for one another the reasons behind it are beyond me." she explained.

Well I'm thinking to myself damn I'm hoping the girls athletic programs aren't like that because as a multi sport athlete I don't know what the fuck Id do choosing between teams.

Maybe I should introduce myself real quick well my name is Vanessa but everyone calls me Nessa. I'm going into my junior year at Mayfair.

(Ps for the sake of this book we are pretending all these well known ball players go to school with each other okay? okay sick) onward...

Im originally from Canada but the past years two I've lived in Texas. My mom has had me moved around following one of her many love interests. The move from Canada to the States was a big change and Im upset I had to leave all my friend from Texas because I created really strong bonds with the people I met there in my first two years of high school. Continuing I'm a multi sport athlete my main sport is softball and I'm on Mayfair's school basketball and volleyball teams. Sports have ALWAYS been my life and I became so committed into them once my cousin pasted away.

His death was the breaking point into my mom following her boyfriend to Texas she decided we needed a fresh start away from the death that was brought upon us. I never really had time to heal from Julian's death. We grew up together-he was basically my brother the moment I found out he passed I lost it. I had several mental breakdowns throughout the first couple months and I stopped eating as much. It really took a toll on my health throughout the whole year.

In my sophomore year at Texas I became friends with my moms boyfriend he was good to us. We had family dinners, even went on a vacation the three of us. I bonded with kids at school and felt that my life was really looking up. Until one day my mom and I come home after we supposedly went shopping because I left my wallet. And, right there in front of our eyes her boyfriend was fucking some blonde haired young girl looked to be in her mid twenties mind you he was in his forties and my mom in 34 which is already pushing it. We packed that night and onto new ventures in California.