Chapter 31: Black and Blue and No Hope For You

Start from the beginning

"I broke your nose," he stated bluntly followed by, "You have a deep laceration on your right cheekbone as well that will need a few stitches. Your eye will be swollen for a few days, but it will go down in time along when the rest of your bruises. I think I may have fractured a rib or two, but I don't have the ability at the moment to take an X-ray to see, so we'll just have to wait that one out. Now, scoot forward," he demanded.

I pulled myself to the edge of the table and he stepped in between my legs closing any space between us.

He grabbed the bridge of my nose, causing me to shriek in pain and without warning jerked or to the left.

I screamed and his hand left my nose, but my hands reached up to touch it. A slight bit of blood began to leak from my nostrils.

"All reset," he said pushing a towel my way that I quickly put underneath my pounding bloodied nose.

He grabbed a new cloth and doused in antiseptic and without warning attacked my face with it.

I hissed in pain and tried to jerk back to avoid it which only angered him. He grabbed a fist full of hair and pulled me back forward.

"I'm trying to help you though you don't deserve it," he snarled as he began wiping the now crimson splotched cloth against my face. "Don't make me regret it, you're lucky to be alive."

I sat silently on the table revealing in the truth of his words. If Hannah wouldn't have come would he have really killed me?

"Where's Hannah," I timidly asked. 

"None of your concern. Drop it," he growled dropping the cloth back on the tray and retrieving a needle and medical grade thread to stitch me.

"Now stay still or this will hurt far worse than it needs to," he spat and put the needle up against my check bone.

I bit my tongue and squinted my eyes at the pinpricks of pain I was encountering as the needle and thread slid in and out of my skin. Luckily, as he had stated, it only took a few stitches and he was done.

"Get up," he ordered but pulled my arm forward and me off the bed before I could even make a move to get up.

He drug me back into his room and then into the bathroom where he started the shower.

Without warning, he reached down and pulled my dress up and over my body, sending a sudden shiver of pain through my ribs leaving me a naked purple, black, and blue mess before his eyes.

"In," he said motioning to the shower as he began to pull off his own clothes.

I stepped into the shower with him close behind me, backing into the corner wanting to keep my distance.

"Come here," he ordered pulling me into the stream of hot water that stung the open wounds on my face, assaulting me all over again.

He grabbed a washcloth, soaped it up and began to wash every inch of me. He was silent as he did this and his touch was tender, which left me more on edge, in fear of when his tenderness may turn to violence. The course fabric rubbed at my wounds sending burning itching pain over their rawness. I was filled with relief when he finally finished and move to my hair. My head hurt, but not nearly as bad as my face and ribs. His fingers danced through the locks of my hair as he washed it from root to tip before conditioning it as well. His silence caught me off guard, making my heart pound rapidly in my chest to fill the silence.

Finally, he finished and shut the water off and moved from the shower to right outside it to grab two towels. He dried my hair first before wrapping the towel around me and then repeating the process on himself.

He took my hand and led me back into his room and sat me in the bed and he pulled clothes out of the dresser for him to wear and dressed himself.

"Time to go," he said pointing to the door.

I stood up and awkwardly walked out of the room after him, gripping my towel to me like it was a second skin.

I thought he was taking me back to his room, but he led me down the hall and down the staircase. 

As we continued our path I began to feel faint. The little color in my face drained from it as we neared the basement steps.

He threw open the door and thrust me inside. I nearly lost my footing and towel as my feet made contact with the stairs.

He slammed the door shut and a click could be heard as he locked it into place.

"Think about what you've done," he shouted from behind the door. "And when I believe you are sorry and filled with regret for your intolerance then and only then will I let you out. Enjoy your new home, doll," he called out and then walked away, his loud footsteps ringing out clear as day as he walked away.

And that was where I stayed for the next twenty-four days.

Damn, that's harsh!

What do you think happened to Evie in those twenty-four days?

Do you think she'll regret her actions and conform to the perfect doll Liam wants her to be?

I think a Liam chapter will be coming up next. Anyone excited? 😬

What did you think of this chapter?

Remember to vote, comment, and share!